[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Wed 10-18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Oct 18 21:39:53 EDT 2006

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE. Archived online at
ideastations.org/radio. Please send cd's for airplay consideration to the
address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday October 18, 2006

(Clifford Brown) The Blues Walk - Byrd in Paris - Donald Byrd - Polydor -
833 394-2

(Victor Young, Sam Lewis) Street of Dreams - Jump for Joy - Cannanball
Adderly - Verve - 314 528 699-2

(Victor Feldman) Lisa - Maximum Firepower - Louis Hayes and the Cannonball
Legacy band - Savant - SCD 2078

(Frank Loesser, Jimmy McHigh) Let's Get Lost - Scott Whitfield Quintet
Live at Charlie O's - Summit Records - DCD 460

(Mercer, Prevert, Kozma) Autumn Leaves - Today and Tomorrow - McCpy Tyner
- Impulse - GRD-106

(B. Green, M. Edwards) Once in a While - Unforgettable - Johnny Hartman -
Impulse - IMPD-152

(Paul Carlton) Lucid Dreaming - Other Tongues - Paul Carlton - Deep Tone
Records - DT001

(Thelonious Monk) Let's Call This - Memories of T - Ben Riley - Concord
Jazz - CCD-30095-2

8:01 NPR News

(Ellington) Diminuendo and Crescendo in Blue - Ellington at Newport
(Complete) - Duke Ellington Orchestra - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 64932

(Parish, Carmichael) Stardust - Serenade to a Bus Seat - Clark Terry -
Riverside - OJCCD-066-2

(Irving Berlin) Everybody Knew But me / When You Walked out Someone Else
Walked in - The Songs of Irving Berlin - Suzannah McCorkle - Concord -
CCD-4759-2

(Billy Strayhorn) Daydream - My Museum - Phil Kelly & the Santa Anna Winds
- Origin - 82468

(John Coltrane) Straight Street - East Coast Roots - Pat Bianchi - Jazzed
Media - JM 1022

(Robin and Rainger) If I Should Lose You - Mulgrew Miller Live at the
Kennedy Center - Maxjazz - MXJ 217

9:01 NPR News
(Berry, Razaf) Christopher Columbus / (Waller, Razaf) Stealin' Apples - A
Study in Frustation: the Fletcher Henderson Story Thesaurus of Classic
Jazz - Columbia/Legacy - C3K 57596

I Love Ya, I Love Ya, I Love Ya / Feelin' So Sad - Big Joe Turner
1947-1949 - JSP Records - 7709D

(Ralph Burns, Woody Herman, Johnny Mercer) Early Autumn - Music for
Loving: Ben Webster - Verve - 314 527 774-2

(Jobim) Corcovado - Resonance - Joe Pass - Pablo - PACD-2310-968-2

(Cole Porter) Night and Day - More to the Ear Than Meets the Eye - Bill
Anschell - Origin - 82469

(Meyer, Emerick, Bernier) Hurry Home - Like Someone in Love - Ela
Fitzgerald - Verve - 314 511 524-2

(Miles Davis) Shhh/Peaceful - In a Silent Way - Miles Davis - Columbia -
CK 40580