[JPL] I can just imagine asking Mr. Weston to "audition" for us.

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 23:01:12 EDT 2006

Eric,

I don't think telling your friends at diner during a jazz concert how
great Randy Weston is translates to your non sequitur.

So you're the jazz expert among a group of friends and all you can do
for them is write a complaint?  Rather than hip them or yourself to
Randy Weston you declare this isn't what you expect at this time of
night from jazz and pout about it? If that is what it is then things
ain't what they used to be.

An audience member is entitled to their opinion. Taking it the
blogsosphere and the presenter, though, and I'm on the Festival's side
on this one. The complainer has a ways to go before calling himself,
see, he brought it up, an aficionado.

LV