[JPL] The Blue Note in Galway, Ireland

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 15:12:50 EDT 2006

Yeah, they love that old look of the William Gottlieb or Francis Wolff
photos with the wisp of cigarette smoke, but they don't "get" the music
part of it.  It reminds me of the earlier discussion about young people
and swing.  Someone summed it up perfectly when he said, for them, it's
not about the music, it's about the CLOTHES!   and the sizzle is more
promotable than the steak.

Jim