[JPL] MJC Playlist: What Can Brown do for YOU?

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Thu Oct 19 16:33:50 EDT 2006

Modern Jazz Classics is heard fifteen times each week via our FM (4), Internet (7), Podcast (2) and Wi-Fi (1) partners, reaching an audience base of more than 1.7 million.

MJC is a no cost to station program available by download or disk to qualified broadcasters/streamers.

MJC-199: Ray Brown Trio  / Bassics:The Best Of The Ray Brown Trios, 1977-2001

Program Intro: Lou Caputo

Ray Brown Trio (Red Holloway) / Mistreated But Undefeated Blues / Bassics / Concord Jazz
Diana Krall / I Love Being Here With You / Live In Paris / Verve
Marc Dickman / Four Brothers / Weaver Of Dreams / Dickman Jazz

Richie Cole / Speak Low / Rise's Rose Garden / Jazz Excursion
Mark Masters Ensemble / Kitch / Wish Me Well / Capri

Ray Brown Trio / The Real Blues / Bassics / Concord Jazz
Les DeMerle / Title Track / Cookin' At The Corner / Origin

Ben Riley / Nutty / Monk Legacy Septet / Concord Jazz
Pete Zimmer Quintet / Dot Dot / Judgment / Tippin' Records

Top of hour one sweep - Russell Malone - Sweet Georgia Peach

Ray Brown Trio / Phineas Can Be / Bassics / Concord Jazz
Richie Cole~Art Pepper / Return To Alto Acres / A Piece Of Jazz History / Jazz Excursion

Ann Hampton Calloway (Liz Calloway) / Stormy Weather / Blues In The Night / Telarc Jazz
Diana Krall~Clayton Hamilton Jazz Orchestra / It Could Happen To You / >From This Moment On / Verve
Ray Charles~Count Basie Orchestra / I'm Busted / Ray Sings Basie Swings / Concord Jazz

Ray Brown Trio (Stanley Turrentine) / Port Of Rico / Bassics / Concord Jazz
Fred Fried / Title Track / Wisdom Of Notes / Ballet Tree

Vault Selection: Django Reinhardt~Stephane Grapelli~Freddie Taylor / Nagasaki / Quintette Du Hot Club De France / ASV Living Era / 1936
Kurt Elling (Johnny Frigo) / I Feel So Smoochie / This Time It's Love / Blue Note
Regina Carter(Paquito D'Rivera) / Sentimental Journey / I'll Be Seeing You / Verve

Top of hour two and sign off: Patti Austin - Stockholm Sweetnin'

Bob "Dr. Bob" Stockton, Host/Producer/Coffee Gopher
Modern Jazz Classics From Amelia Island

(904) 910-3475
http://www.modernjazzclassics.com