[JPL] Next Week On XM 72-Beyond Jazz (The World's Home For 100% Modern Jazz)

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 19 17:18:37 EDT 2006

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (23-29 October 2006)

This Monday, October 23rd, we’ll present another edition of our special
feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the
music of one of the most versatile and beloved musicians in jazz
history, HERBIE MANN! Born in New York and influenced by music from all
over the world, HERBIE MANN established himself as a major figure in
the jazz by incorporating everything from bebop, to Brazilian, to funk
and fusion and much more. We’ll cover every facet of his dynamic work
and play a full hour of his music.  Plus we’ll hear Herbie’s own
comments that shed light on his brilliant career. Listen Monday at Noon
Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM
Pacific. It’s MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS featuring an hour of the music of
HERBIE MANN on Beyond Jazz.

This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE
NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino...an hour of jamband
jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty
movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday
night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A
Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle
presents more of the new work from Stanton Moore & Club D’Elf along
with old faves from The Motet, Will Bernard & Lettuce.

This Wednesday and Sunday, join us for MIKE STERN & MARC CAREY LIVE IN
NEW YORK on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM
Pacific and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour
in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live
performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music
you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we’ll take you to City
Hall Park in New York City for two red hot sets by guitarist MIKE
STERN, and keyboardist MARC CAREY, for their performances this past
Summer at the 12th Annual J & R Music World Downtown Music Festival.
It’s MIKE STERN & MARC CAREY LIVE IN NEW YORK on this week’s addition
of LIVE @ BJ'S!

IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an
exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz
history when the music became electric and all the musical influences
of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. Each hour
beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM
Pacific you’ll hear a classic fusion piece and get the mojo behind this
controversial era in jazz history. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!

Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a
little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday,
October 28th, we'll talk to six of the greatest players in MOJA, all of
whom have brand new releases on a special presentation titled THE STARS
OF JAZZ GUITAR!  Join new Beyond Jazz contributor Mark Ruffin from our
studios in Chicago as he talks to Lee Ritenour about his new
CD “Smoke ‘N Mirrors,” then from our Jazz @ Lincoln Center studios in
New York join Russ Davis as he talks to Mike Stern, Al Di Meola, John
Scofield and Pat Metheny . Interview segments followed by music begin
each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific).
It's THE STARS OF JAZZ GUITAR, this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from
BEYOND JAZZ.

Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM
Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by
playing requested songs, answering listener questions and reading
listener comments that have been emailed to him at
beyondjazz at xmradio.com.

Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz