[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 10/20/2006

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Oct 21 00:17:24 EDT 2006

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, Oct 20, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

FUNDRAISING
SPECIAL FEATURE: EDDIE HARRIS (b. 10/20/1934)
2007 NEA JAZZ MASTERS

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:04pm
Cedar Walton: The Rubber Man, One Flight Down (High Note)

8:13pm
Cedar Walton: Hammer head, One Flight Down (HighNote)

8:27pm
Cedar Walton: One Flight Down, One Flight Down (HighNote)

8:41pm
Phil Woods/NEA Jazz Master: Stella By Starlight, Early Quintets (Prestige)
Phil Woods/NEA Jazz Master: When The Sun Comes Out, American Songbook

8:57pm
Eddie Harris: Monk's Moment, Live At Scullers Jazz Club (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Eddie Harris: Autumn in New York, There Was A Time-Echo of Harlen (Enja)

9:20pm
Diana Krall: Day In, Day Out, From This Moment On (Verve)
Curtis Fuller/NEA Jazz MAster: What Is This Thing Called Love,
New Trombone (Prestige)
Curtis Fuller/NEA Jazz Master: A La Mode, Keep It Simple (Savant)

9:43pm
Sonny Rollins: Someday I'll Find You, Sonny, Please (Doxy )
Eddie Harris: No One, A Study in Jazz (Vee Jay)

10:05pm
Dr. Lonnie Smith: Bemsha Swing, Jungle Soul (Palmetto)
Regina Carter: Blue Rose, I'll Be Seeing You (Verve)

10:21pm
Jimmy Scott/NEA Jazz Master: I Wish I Knew, Everybody's Somebody's Fool
(Decca)
Jimmy Scott/NEA Jazz Master: Everybody's Somebodys Fool, All of Me/Live in
Tokyo (Venus)
Louis Hayes; The Cannonabll Legacy Band: Jessica's Birthday, Maximum
Firepower (Savant)

10:39pm
Ben Riley; Monk Legacy Septet: Let's Call This, Memories of T (Concord)
Frank Morgan: Blue Monk, Reflections (HighNote)
Toshiko Akiyoshi/NEA Jazz Master: Tempus Fugit, At Maybeck (Concord)

11:00pm
Eddie Harris; Ellis Marsalis: Homecoming, Homecoming (Spindletop)
Eddie Harris: I'm As Happy As I Want To Be, For Bird and Bags (Koch/Vee Jay)
Eddie Harris: Lover Man, A Tale of Two Cities (Hyena)

11:20pm
Eddie Harris: Sara by Moonlight, Live at Scullers Jazz Club, Boston, MA
(ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Eddie Harris: Exodus, Exodus to Jazz (Vee Jay)

11:45pm
Eddie Harris: You Stole My Heart, The Last Concert (ACT Music)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.