[JPL] WRIR "All Jazz with Giz" playlist 10-22-06

Giz Bowe girard.bowe at verizon.net
Sun Oct 22 15:03:13 EDT 2006

Jane & I are fresh back from a NYC jazz trip - I'll be playing music
associated with New York & our jazz experiences. (Playlist follows.)

Bands we heard:
Ted Nash (Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola)
Dmitri Kolesnick (Smoke)
Eddie Daniels (Iridium)
Mingus Dynasty (Iridium)
Dizzy Gillespie All-Stars (Blue Note)
Grant Stewart (Small's)
Newyorkestra (Garage)

Some musicians with these bands:
Joe Locke
Roy Hargrove
Paquito D'Rivera
James Moody
Slide Hampton
Jim Rotondi
Lenny White
Craig Handy
Alex Sipiagin
Marcus Printup
Eric Alexander
and many many more

Shoutout to Tom Marcello - it was great to meet you - thanks again for your
support!

I post this playlist to:
rec.music.bluenote
rec.music.makers.jazz
rec.music.makers.trumpet
Jazz Programmer's mailing list

Adds and rotation plays are charted with CMJ.

intro: One for All/STEVE DAVIS/Dig Deep
Morning Rush/METTA QUINTET/Subway Songs
A Day in Vienna/ROY HARGROVE/Nothing Serious
Under the Wire/GORDON GOODWIN'S BIG PHAT BAND/The Phat Pack
Unified Presence/DAVID GILMORE/Unified Presence
Night Owls/NEAL MINER/The Evening Sound
Kensington High/TED NASH - STILL EVOLVED/In the Loop
Free Cell Block F/MINGUS BIG BAND/Live in Tokyo
Dot Dot/PETE ZIMMER/Judgment
Tulipa/JOE LOCKE/Live in Seattle

Digital Life/NEWYORKESTRA BIG BAND/Urban Soundscapes
Centerpiece/ROBERTA GAMBARINI/Easy to Love (w/James Moody)
Beyond Blues/PAUL RENZ/Beyond Blues
December 1st/MICHELLE GREGOIRE/Reaching
Blues for Dad/DMITRI KOLESNIK/Blues for Dad
A Trombone on Tereza St/VITTOR SANTOS/Renewed Impressions
Zip Code 2005/PHIL KELLY & THE SANTA ANA WINDS/My Museum
Give It Up or Turn It Loose/JAVON JACKSON/Now