[JPL] PLAYLIST: 10-22-06 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin Boddie bfboddie at msn.com
Sun Oct 22 23:50:45 EDT 2006

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>

Sunday Jazz Matinee
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msncom<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
John Coltrane - I Want To Talk About You - Plays For Lovers - Concord Music - 2006
Al Gray - All Blues - Me N'Jack - Pullen Music - 1996
Pete Zimmer Quintet - 8 A.M. Wednesday Spirit - Judgment - Tippin Records - 2006
Chris McNulty - Come Rain or Shine - Whispers The Heart - Elefant Dreams - 2006
Stan Getz Quartet w/Chet Baker - I'm Old Fashioned - Quintessence Vol. 1 - Concord Records - 1998
June Christy - Something Cool - The Voice Of The Soul - Blue Note - 1995
Don Aliquo - Jazz Folk - Jazz Folk - Young Warrior Records - 2006

1:00
Dexter Gordon - Daddy Plays The Horn - Daddy Plays The Horn - Avenue Jazz - 2000
Bill Cosby - Moanin - Hello, Friend To Ennis With Love - Verve - 1997
Chet Doxas Quartet - Moment's Notice - Sidewalk Etiquete - Justin Time Records - 2006
Sarah Vaughan - Easy Living - Sings For Lovers - Concord Records - 2006
Booker Little - If I Should Loose You - Booker Little and Friend - Avenue Jazz - 2000
Ben Riley's Monk Legacy Septet - Let's Call This - Memories Of T - Concord Music - 2006
Elin - I Love New York - Lazy Afternoon - Blue Toucan Music - 2006
David Bixler - He Cries Every Day - Call It A Good Deal - Zoho - 2006

2:00
Charlie Rouse - Some Words About Monk - Epistrophy - 32 Jazz - 1997
Thelonious Monk - Little Rootie Tootie - The Thelonious Monk Memorial Album - Fantasy - 1989
Dizzy Gillespie - Tour de Force - Birks Works - Verve - 1995
Dave Glasser - In A Sentimental Mood - Above The Clouds - Arbors Records - 2006
Tony Bennett - Isn't It Romantic - Sings For Lovers - Concord Music - 2006
Kai Winding & J.J. Johnson - Yes Sir, That's My Baby - Nuf Said - Avenue Jazz - 2000
Roger Kellaway Trio - Moten Swing - Heroes - IPO - 2006
Eddie Vinson - Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Cleanhead's Back In Town - Avenue Jazz - 2001
Ray Brown Trio - Have You Met Miss Jones? - Bassics - Concord Music - 2006

3:00
Howard Johnson & Gravity - Tell Me A Bedtime Story - Right Now! - Verve - 1997
Eve Cornelious & The Chip Crawford Trio - I Love Paris/April In Paris - I Fill Like Some Jazz Today - Pooky Looky Records - 1999
Bob Mintzer - A Love Supreme-Acknowledgment - Big Band Trane - DMP - 1996
Howard Johnson & Gravity - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying - Right Now! - verve - 1997
Eric Reed - Ahmad's Blues - The Swing And I - Mojazz - 1995
Charles Lloyd - Sombrero Sam - Just Before Sunrise - 32 Jazz - 1999
Nancy Wilson - Lush Life - Blue Note Blend 2 - Blue Note - 1996
Chet Baker - But Not For Me - Great Vocalists Of Jazz - Blue Note - 1995