[JPL] WWSP Jazzweek Playlist

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 23 10:10:38 EDT 2006

JAZZWEEK REPORT for week of 10/22/06

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 watts

Russ Haines Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
OUR VOICE MAIL SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE.

These numbers reflect last weeks spins including our 60 extra hours of jazz
programming from our annual Jazzfest weekend. This is the first time I am
counting the extra hours in the weekly chart. I did it mainly to see what
the results were from the increased hours and thought they would be worth
sharing and reporting. We had several new dj's who had not done Jazzfest
before and asked for recommendations for their shifts. In keeping with my
attitude of not dictating to the dj's what to play, I did suggest that we
had a ton of recent releases that were excellent and they should dive in
liberally. The numbers show that they took that advice. Obviously, the
numbers will drop dramatically for next weeks report.
4 or more SPINS

5 Lynne Arriale Trio - Live - Motema
6 Pat Bianchi - East Coast Roots - Jazzed Media
4 Alan Broadbent - Every Time I Think Of You - Artistry Music
6 Jane Bunnett - Guantanamo Blues Project Vol. 1 - Blue Note
6 Marc Copeland/Randy Brecker - Both/And - Nagel Heyer
5 Jim Cutler Jazz Orchestra - In Progress - Pony Boy Records
6 Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's Going On - Shout Factory Records
8 Mark Egan - As We Speak - Wavetone Records
7 Eliane Elias - Around The City - Bluebird/RCA
4 Elin - Lazy Afternoon - Blue Toucan
6 Von Freeman - Good Forever - Premonition Records
5 Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, Paul Motian - Selftitled - Nonesuch
4 Mike Frost Project - Comin' Straight At Ya' - blujazz
6 Kenny Garrett - Beyond The Wall - Nonesuch
6 Dizzy Gillespie All Star Band - Dizzy's Business - MCG Jazz
6 David Gilmore - Unified Presence - RKM Music
7 Donald Harrison - The Survivor - Nagel Heyer
6 Billy Hart - Quartet - HighNote
7 Sherman Irby - Organomics - Black Warrior Records
8 Keith Jarrett - The Carnegie Hall Concert - ECM
5 Sean Jones - Roots - Mack Ave.
7 Gladys Knight - Before Me - Verve
7 Diana Krall - From This Moment On - Verve
7 Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project - Simpatico - Artist Share
6 Branford Marsalis Quartet - Braggtown - Marsalis Music/Rounder
6 Delfeayo Marsalis - Minions Dominion - Troubador Jass Records
5 Mark Masters Ensemble - Wish Me Well - Capri Records
8 Medeski, Scofield, Martin & Wood - Out Louder - Indirecto Records
4 Mike Melvoin Trio - You Know - City Light
8 Metheny/Mehldau - Selftitled - Nonesuch
6 Mulgrew Miller - Live At The Kennedy Center Vol. 1 - MaxJazz
6 Ted Nash - In The Loop - Palmetto Records
7 N'awlins Gumbo Kings - UFO Saloon - Blue Cat Blues Records
6 Obra Maestra - Rumba Pa' Rumberos - Obra Maestra Records
4 Panoramic - Rhythm Through The Unobstructed View - Rhythmic Union Records
5 Luis Perdomo - Awareness - RKM Music
5 Houston Person/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart To Sing - HighNote
5 Michelle Rosewoman & Quintessence - The In Side Out - Advance Dance
Disques
4 Barbara Sfraga Timelessness Frozen In Time - SyncTimiCity
4 Tomasz Stanko Quartet - Lontano - ECM
6 Cedar Walton - One Flight Down - HighNote
6 Kenny Werner - Democracy - HalfNote

2 - 3 SPINS

3 Geri Allen - Timeless Portraits And Dreams - Telarc Jazz
3 Big Neighborhood - 11:11 Origin Records
3 Richard Bliwas - Walk The Bike - Rising Rose Records
3 Ed Breazeale - Just Beyond - Reactor Records
3 Scott Burns - Passages - Origin Records
3 Nels Cline - New Monastery - Cryptogramophone
3 Dalton Gang - Last Years Waltz - Second Step Music
2 Mary Foster Conklin - Blues For Breakfast - Rhombus
2 Fred Fried - The Wisdom Of Notes - Ballet Tree
3 Terry Gibbs - Findin' The Groove - Jazzed Media
3 Dave Glasser - Above The Clouds - Arbors
2 Gil Golstein - Under Rousseau's Moon - HalfNote
2 HD2 - Songs From The Last Century - Blue Toucan Music
2 Ann Hampton Callaway - Blues In The Night - Telarc Jazz
3 Russ Kassoff - Somewhere - RHK Jazz
2 Jeff Kaye - Just Like Me - Jazzed Media
3 Roger Kellaway Trio - Heroes - IPO
3 Jay Lawrence Trio - Thermal Strut - OA2 Records
3 Kristin Lomholt - Spell - Whaling City Sound
3 John Mackay - Organoptics - Chicken Coup Records
2 Marguerite Mariama - Wild Women... - Powerlight Media
3 Nilson Matta - Walking With My Bass - Blue Toucan Music
3 Cassandre McKinley - Til Tomorrow - MaxJazz
3 Chris Mcnulty - Whispers The Heart - Elefant Dreams
3 Myra Melford - The Image Of Your Body - Cryptogramophone
3 Marisa Monte - Universo Ao Meu Redor - Blue Note
3 Jason Moran - Artist In Residence - Blue Note
3 Osland Saxophone Quartet - Commission: Impossible - Sea Breeze Jazz
2 Madeleine Peyroux - Half The Perfect World - Rounder
3 John Proulx - Moon & Sand - MaxJazz
2 Smokey Robinson - Timeless Love - New Door
2 Edward Simon - Unicity - CAM
3 Taylor/FIDYK Big Band - Live At Blues Alley - OA2 Records
3 Jim Tomlinson - The Lyric - O+ Music
3 Trio East - Best Bets - Origin Records
3 Gary Tu - Look East - Triple S Jazz
3  David S. Ware Quartet - BalladWare - Thirsty Ear
3 Mort Weiss - The B3 And Me - SMS Jazz
3 Scott Whitfield Quintet - Live At Charlie O's - Summit

**** The next add date for WWSP is 10/29/06. We will have space for 13 discs
which are already auditioned and in the add pile for for that date. I review
& add discs in the order in which they are received. ****

All discs chart for 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality discs that we receive. Thanks for your support.

Russ