[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Friday Oct 20 2006

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Oct 20 21:48:06 EDT 2006

Tonight's playlist from WCVE. Archived at ideastations.org/radio. Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

 WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday October 21,  2006

(Gershwin) Fascinating Rhythm - Modern Art - Art Pepper - Blue Note - CDP
7 46848 2

(Youmans, Ceasar) Sometimes I'm Happy - Milestones - Walter Bishop Jr. -
Black Lion - BLCD 760109

(Goodman, Hampton, Robin) Flying Home - Ella: the legendary Decca
Recordings - Decca Jazz - GRD-4-648

(McHugh, Fields) Exactly Like You - Movin' Right along - Arnett Cobb -
Prestige - OCCD-1074-2

(Phil Kelly) Pleading Dim Cap - My Museum - Phil Kelly and the SW Santa
Ana Winds - Origin Records - 82468

(Kahn, Jones) It Had to Be You - Mean What You Say - Eddie Daniels and
Hank Jones - Ipo

(Jimmy Smith) Prayer Meetin' - Prayer Meetin' - Jimmy Smith - Blue Note -
CDP 7 84164 2

(Hodges, Ellington) Main Stem - Everybody Knows Johnny Hodges - Johnny
Hodges - Impulse - GRD-116

8:01 NPR

(Brian Lynch) Guajira Dubois - Simpatico - Briwn Lynch and Eddie Palmieri
- Artist Share - AS0057

(Paul Carlon) Rumbatapestry - Other Tongues - Paul Carlon - Deep Tone
Records - DT 001

(De Walt, Fuqua, Woods) Cleo's Mood - Do the Boomerang - Don Byron - Blue
Note - 0946 3 41094 2 0

(Razaf, Waller)  Blue Turning Grey over You - Tribute to the Greats - Art
Hodes - Delmark - DE-238

(Freddie Green) Corner Pocket - April in Paris - Count Basie - Verve - 314
521 402-2

(David Heneker) Bang Goes the Drum - Jazz Masters 51: Blossom Dearie -
Verve - 314 529 906-2

(Lerner and Loewe) The Rain in Spain - My Fair Lady Loves Jazz - Billy
Taylor Trio with Quincy jones - Impulse - GRD-141

9:01 NPR News

(Sy Oliver, Trummy Young) T'ain't What You Do, It's the Way That You Do It
/ (Ada Benson, Fred Fisher) Your Feet's Too Big / (Lil Hardin Armstrong)
You Run Your Mouth, I'll Run My Business - Fats Waller - Bluebird/Legacy -
82876 83267 2

(Ray Brown) Buhaina Buhaina - Bassics - the best of the Ray Brown Trio
1977-2000 - Concord Jazz - CCD2-30077-2

(Harry Akst, Grant Clarke) Am I Blue? - After Hours with Miss D - Dinah
Washington - Verve - B0000094-02

(John Lewis) Django - Django - Modern Jazz Quartet - Prestige -
OJCCD-057-2

(Sonny Rollins) Airegin - Cookin' with the Miles Davis Quintet - Miles
Davis - Prestige - OJCCD-128-2

(Avery Parrish) After Hours - We Three - Roy Haynes, Phineas Newborn Jr.
and Paul Chambers - Prestige - OJCCD-196-2

(Jerry Bock, Sheldon Harnick) Fiddler on the Roof - Radio Nights -
Cannonball Adderly - Virgin Records America, Inc. - 2-91590