[JPL] Viva Carlos

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 18:12:54 EDT 2006

It's funny in that Arturo and I were talking about "Oye Como Va" earlier because I just received the new "Viva Carlos" release from Tone Center Records. I love this CD! Ten guitarist paying tribute to Carlos Santana such as Pat Martino, Mike Stern, Robben Ford, Eric Gales and many others. Also featuriing Dave Weckl. Many of the Santana classics like "Jingo," "Europa," "Samba Pa Ti," "Jungle Strut" and even a 7/4 version of "Oye Como Va" are played with new and very interesting arrangements. Wild.If you're a Santana fan get your paws on this one.

  Jae Sinnett