[JPL] Next Week...MILES week on XM 72-Beyond Jazz

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Oct 26 14:07:17 EDT 2006

XM 72…BEYOND JAZZ/WEEKLY FEATURES   (6-12 November 2006)
This Monday, November 6th, we’ll present another edition of our special feature…MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS on Beyond Jazz featuring an hour of the music of possibly the most influential figure in jazz history, MILES DAVIS! Not only will you hear a full hour of his music from the mid 1980’s to his death in 1991 from some of his most famous electric albums like “Tutu,” “Amandla” and “Doo-Bop,”  but you’ll also hear the comments of some of the artists who worked with him including Chick Corea, John Scofield and Kenny Garrett. Listen Monday at Noon Eastern/9 AM Pacific, with a replay Monday night at 11 PM Eastern/8 PM Pacific. It’s MONDAY WITH THE MASTERS featuring THE FATHER OF FUSION…MILES DAVIS on Beyond Jazz.
 This week enjoy another edition of our show JAMMIN’ JAZZ…JAZZ FOR THE NEW GENERATION! hosted by Michelle Sammartino ...an hour of jamband jazz, acid jazz, brass band, swamp boogie, funk influenced, booty movin' tunes. Listen for JAMMIN’ JAZZ three times each week…Tuesday night at 9P Eastern-6P Pacific, Thursday morning at 9A/Eastern-6A Pacific, and Sunday at 7P/Eastern-4P Pacific. This week Michelle joins in on our week-long celebration of Miles Davis by playing some funky Miles classics as well as Miles tunes by Marcus Miller, Derek Trucks, The Jazz Mandolin Project & more.
 This week hear MILES DAVIS LIVE IN MONTREAL-1985 on LIVE @ BJ'S! Every Wednesday night at 8 PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern and Sunday at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific you can spend an hour in the world's only imaginary modern jazz club, BJ's, for rare live performances by the biggest stars of Modern Jazz.  You'll hear music you can't hear anywhere but on XM, and this week we’ll attend one of the world’s great jazz festivals, The Festival International de Jazz de Montreal to hear Miles with John Scofield on guitar, saxophonist Bob Berg, Bobby Irving III on keyboards, Daryl Jones on bass and others in one of Miles’ last great bands as they heat up the summer night in beautiful Montreal.  It’s MILES DAVIS LIVE IN MONTREAL-1985, this week’s addition of LIVE @ BJ'S!
 IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION!  Every Friday we present an exclusive Beyond Jazz feature that focuses on the moment in jazz history when the music became electric and all the musical influences of the world blended with jazz to create the Fusion Era. And this week, as part of our week-long celebration of the FATHER OF FUSION, we’ll begin each hour with one of Miles Davis’ greatest fusion classics, hour after hour, all day beginning at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific until midnight Eastern/9 PM Pacific. IF IT’S FRIDAY, THIS MUST BE FUSION and this week…it’s MILES!
 Every Saturday is a chance to get to know the stars of Modern Jazz a little better with WORDS & MUSIC on BEYOND JAZZ, and on Saturday, November 11th, we'll continue our week-long salute to the great Miles Davis with a special presentation titled TELL ME YOUR MILES STORY!  Join Russ Davis as he talks to the people who knew and worked with the man they called “The Chief” as they line up to tell their own definitive “Miles Story.” Mike Stern has one, so does Bill Evans , John Scofield, George Duke, Eddie Gomez, Pat Metheny, Kenny Garrett, Marcus Miller and so do many others. Interview segments followed by music begin each hour from Noon through Midnight Eastern time (9 AM-9 PM Pacific). TELL ME YOUR MILES STORY, this week’s WORDS & MUSIC, Saturday from BEYOND JAZZ.
Every Sunday it’s the EMAIL REPLY HOUR…from 6-7 PM Eastern/3-4 PM Pacific, Russ Davis spends an hour responding to email messages by playing reques ted songs, answering listener questions and reading listener comments that have been emailed to him at beyondjazz at xmradio.com.
Russ Davis
Program Director
Beyond Jazz
(((XM))) Satellite Radio