[JPL] Michele Rosewoman

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Thu Oct 26 22:56:06 EDT 2006

I just have to say.... where has Michele Rosewoman been the past few years?  Her new release is just dynamite!  For a station that focuses on more "progressive" material - this new album of hers suits us to a tee - one of the real surprise releases of 2006 from my perspective.  Michele and company play in a variety of styles  here, including some jazz-rock and Latin stylings.  She is featued on a number of different keyboards as well, which adds to the variety of the flavorings.   I think the title of her album, "The In Side Out" sums it up nicely - her comments about how she composes in this manner add an interesting perspective to the music.  I'm diggin' this one!

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, Blues, World Music)
and Faculty Advisor
KSJS-FM
1 Washington Square
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094
www.ksjs.org

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane
Gilroy, CA   95020
Music Calls: Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., PT
(408) 848-6266
bstone at science.sjsu.edu