[JPL] Playlist WCVE Fri 10-28

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Oct 27 21:55:54 EDT 2006

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday October 27, 2006

(Gershwin) A Foggy Day - The George Shearing/Cannonball Adderly Quintets
at Newport - Pablo - PACD-5315-2

(Baby Face Willette) Face to face - So Blue So Funky - Heroes of the
Hammond B3: Baby Face Willette - Blue Note - 0777 7 96563 2 5

(Roland Kirk) Step Right up - Here Comes the Whistleman - Roland Kirk -
Label M - 495720

(Milt Jackson) Blues for Diahann - Bag's Opus - Milt Jackson - Blue Note -
CDP 7 8458 2

(B. Kaper, N. Washington) On Green Dolphin Street - Falling in Love with
Love - Joe Kennedy Jr. - Black & Blue - BB 902.2

8:01 NPR News

(Kahn, Jones) It Had to Be You - Mean What You Say - Eddie Daniels - Ipo

(Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn) Love Me or Leave Me - Pres and Teddy - Lester
Young and Teddy Wilson - Verve - 831 270-2

(Harry James, Benny Goodman) Life Goes to a Party - Benny Goodman Live at
Carnegie Hall - Columbia - G2K 40244

(Koehler, Arlan) Hittin' the Bottle - Rhythm Is Our Business - Jimmie
Lunceford - ASV/Living Era - CD AJA 5091

(Ira Gershwin, Vernon Duke) I Can't Get Started - The Pied Piper - Bunny
Berigan - Bluebird - 07863 66615-2

(Arlen, Koehler) The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - Tenorman - Lawrence
Marable Quartet Featuring James Clay - Blue Note - CDP 7 84440 2

9:01 NPR News

9:06 (Mort Dixon, Harry Warren, Joe Young) Ooh That Kiss - Cornet Chop
Suey - Ruby Braff - Concord - CCD-4606

(Charlie Shavers) It Feels So Good - The John Kirby Sextet: Complete
Columbia & RCA Victor Recordings - DRCD 11168

(Miller, Lieber, Stoller) Bernie's Tune - Spontaneous Explorations - Earl
Fatha Hines

(Jordan, LaRocca, Robison) Original Dixieland One-Step/(La Vere) Mis'ry
and the Blues - Mis'ry and the Blues - Jack teagarden - Verve -
B0000606-02

(Ralph Rainger, Dorothy Parker) I Wished on the Moon - What a Little
Moonlight Can Do - Lew tabackin - Concord - CCD-4617

(Hoagy Carmichael) I Get along without You Very Well - Let's Get Lost -
Chet Baker - Pacific Jazz - CDP 7 92932 2