[JPL] FW: Has anyone heard the new Stanley Clarke recording "Standards"?

Derrick Lucas dnlbka at rit.edu
Fri Oct 27 22:46:54 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Derrick Lucas
Sent: Fri 10/27/2006 10:52 AM
To: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
Subject: Has anyone heard the new Stanley Clarke recording "Standards"?

Speaking of new releases

Has anyone heard the new Stanley Clarke recording "Standards"?

The performances are incredibly breathtaking, on this cd.

I feel that it's one of his best efforts, arguably-ever.

He's plying in a trio with Patrice Rushen (who nearly steals the show) and Leon Ndugu Chancler

I don't think that many people have heard it. Which I think is a tragedy, because it was released on Kind of Blue Records, which is an import label and its US distributor City Hall does not support radio.

So has anyone else heard it?

Cheers!

Derrick Lucas

WGMC JAZZ 90.1