[JPL] FW: Has anyone heard the new Stanley Clarke recording "Standards"?

Maurice Hogue onemansjazz at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 28 00:23:39 EDT 2006

At 09:11 PM 27/10/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Audiophile Imports is selling it this month as a feature. I can't believe
>on this outlet they would be selling this against the artists wishes but
>it may be out of the artists control. Anyone remember that Al Jarreau
>"1965" release? I thought that his best record ever interestingly enough
>but he never wanted it released.
>
>   Jae Sinnett
There's no mention of the Standards cd on Stanley's website either.

Speaking of Jarreau, I'm still convinced that wasn't him singing on a much
bootlegged session of Bill Withers tunes.  I was so convinced I sent the
vinyl to Al's manager at the time, Patrick Raines.  That led to me being
cc'd all sorts of documents between Raines and Warner Bros., various
lawyers and RIA, etc.  It was fascinating. Thought it would end, but
I kept seeing that same prerecorded cassette with terrible synth playing
for years after in all the discount bins wherever I went.  It's probably still
out there as a cd now.

Maurice Hogue
CKUW Winnipeg