[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 10/27/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Oct 28 00:20:00 EDT 2006

Jazz from Studio Four

Friday, Oct 27, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7 Boston

SPECIAL FEATURE: WARNE MARSH (b. 10/26/1927)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
David Hazeltine (b .10/27/1958): Lush Life, Perambulation (Criss Cross)
David Hazeltine(b. 10/27/1958); One For All: Sweet and Lovely, The Lineup
(Sharp 9 Records)

8:23pm
Warne Marsh: Alone Together, Ballad For You (Interplay)
Warne Marsh: Easy Living, All Music (Nessa)
Warne Marsh; Red Mitchell: Everything Happens to Me, Duo (Fresh Sounds)

8:41pm
Steve Turre: Steppin' Out, Keep Searchin' (HighNote)
Frank Rosolino: I Thought About You, The Last Recording (Sea Breeze)

8:57pm
Elin: Lush Life, Lazy Afternoon (Blue Toucan)
Ray Barretto: Something to Live For, Standards Rican-ditioned (Zoho)
Stefon Harris: Portrait of Wellman Braud, African Tarentella (Blue Note)

9:17pm
Warne Marsh: Sophisticated Lady, I Got A Good One For You (Storyville)
Warne Marsh; Lennie Tristano: Wow, Intution (Capitol)
Warne Marsh: Tschaikovsky's Opus #42, Intution (Capitol)
Warne Marsh: Yardbird Suite, The Complete Atlantic Recordings of Lennie
Tristano, Lee Konitz, Warne Marsh (Mosaic Records)

9:42pm
Warne Marsh; SuperSax: Ornithology, The Japanese Tour (Hindsight)
Gil Goldstein: Donna Lee, Under Rousseau's Moon (Half Note)
Louis Hayes; Cannonball Legacy Band: This Here, Maximum Firepower (Savant)

10:07pm
Mary Foster Conklin: The Night We Called it A Day, Blues for Breakfast
(Rhombus)
Carla White: What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life, A Voice in The Night
(Bright Moon)
Roberta Gamborini: Easy To Love, Easy To Love (Groovin' High)

10:25pm
Roger Kellaway: 52nd Street Theme, Heroes (IPO Recordings)
Ben Riley; Monk Legacy Septet: Nutty, Memories of T (Concord)
Bill Frisell; Ron Carter; Paul Motian: Raise Four,
Frisell, Carter, Motian (Nonesuch)

10:46pm
Warne Marsh; Billy Eckstine and Metronome All-Stars: How High The Moon,
Billy Eckstine: Everything I Have Is Yours (Verve)
Bill Evans with Warne Marsh and Lee Konitz: Speak Low, Crosscurrents
(Fantasy)
Warne Marsh with Art Pepper: Tickle Toe, Art Pepper with Warne Marsh
(Contemporary)

11:06pm
Hank Jones & Frank Wess: Sara's Song, Hank & Frank (Lineage Records)
Sonny Rollins: Stairway to The Stars, Sonny, Please (Doxy )
Von Freeman: Why Try to Change Me Now, Good Forever (Premonition)

11:30pm
Marcus Strickland: Oriental Folk Song, Twi-Life (StrickMuzik)
Rashied Ali: The Big Push, Judgement Day (Survival Records)

11:45pm
Warne Marsh: Star Highs, Star Highs (Criss Cross)
Warne Marsh: Emily, A Ballad Album (Criss Cross)

11:55pm
Warne Marsh: It's All Right with Me, Music for Prancing (Mode/VSO R)