[JPL] Playlist UN Radio Bogota

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 19:29:24 EDT 2006

Here are our Jazz playlists for the past 5 weeks:

Focus : Piano players

10/15 Martial Solal            "Bluesine"              Soul Note
10/16 Holiday
10/17 Brad Mehldau             "Art of trio vol.3"     Warner
10/18 Russ Kassoff             "Somewhere"             RLTK
10/19 McCoy Tyner              "Manhattan blues"       Blue Note

Focus : Trumpet players

10/22 Miles Davis              "Kind of blue"          Columbia
10/23 Tom Harrel               "Passages"              Chesky
10/24 Randy Sandke             "Cliffhanger"           Nagel heyer
10/25 Tomasz Stanko            "From the green hill"   ECM
10/26 Wynton Marsalis          "The magic hour"        Blue Note

Focus : Bass players

10/29 Ron Carter              "Eight plus"             Dreyfus
10/30 Avery Sharpe            "Extended family         JKNM
10/31 Harvey S                "Texas Rumba"            Zoho
11/01 Harvey Swartz           "Havana mañana"          Bembe
11/02 Peter Paulsen           "Tri-cycle"              Wahbo

Focus : Female singers

11/05 Ernestine Anderson       "From Concord to London" Concord
11/06 Holiday
11/07 Joan Cartwright          "Feeling good"          I am
11/08 Laverne Butler           "No looking back"       Chesky
11/09 Rene Marie               "Vertigo"               MaxJazz

Focus : New CD´s

11/12 Kat Parra                "Birds in Flight"       JazzMa
11/13 Holiday
11/14 Ted Nash                 "La espada de la noche" Palmetto
11/15 Roger Kellaway           "Heroes"                IPO
11/16 Javon Jackson            "Now"                   Palmetto

"Jazz la Hora" is the daily, one-hour long show aired by National
University Radio (98.5 FM) in Bogota, Colombia (South America).

We present classic and modern music from the broad spectrum of Jazz,
including Dixieland, Swing, Bebop, Cool, Hardbop, Latin, Avant-garde,
Bossa Nova, Fusion, Neo-hardbop and most of today´s trends, except
for Smooth Jazz.

You can listen to us at:

http://www.unradio.unal.edu.co

Our schedule is Monday to Thursdays at 9 pm (local). That´s 9 pm EST.
And Sundays at 7 pm. (8 pm EST)

We enjoy showcasing new music, both by big names and by
lesser-known but talented artists, so if you're a musician or label
representative and would like to send us a sample of your work,
please address it to :

Juan Carlos Valencia
UN Radio
Calle 29 #4A-49. 1001