[JPL] PLAYLIST: 10-29-06 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA 88.9 FM

Benjamin Boddie bfboddie at msn.com
Sun Oct 29 23:51:07 EST 2006

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>

Sunday Jazz Matinee
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msncom<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
Oscar Pettiford - Bohemia After Dark - Another One - Avenue Jazz - 2000
Nicholas Payton - With A Song In My Heart - Payton's Place - Verve - 1998
Delfeayo Marsalis - Brer Rabbit - Minons Dominion - Troubadour Jass - 2006
Sathima Bea Benjamin - Lush Life - Song Spirit - Ekapa Records - 2006
Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - A Night In Tunisia - Diz 'N Bird At Carnegie Hall - Capitol Records - 1997
Ben Riley's Monk Legacy Septet - Nutty - Memories of T - Concord Records - 2006
kevin Mahogany - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat - Another Time Another Place - Warner Bros. - 1997
Branford Marsalis - Fate - Braggtown - Marsalis Music - 2006

1:00
Clifford Brown - Stompin' At The Savoy - Ultimate Clifford Brown - Verve - 1998
Joey Baron - Wide Load - Down Home - Intuition - 1997
Javon Jackson - Chief Blackwater - Now - Palmetto Records- 2006
Jeffery Smith - Eleanor Rigby - A Little Sweeter - Verve - 1997
kenny Burrell - It's Getting Dark - ...and the Jazz Giants - Fantasy - 1998
Miles Davis - Fran-Dance - Miles Cool & Collected - Columbia/Legacy - 2006
Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra - Every Saturday Night - Ray Sings, Basie Swings - Concord Records - 2006
Elmer Gibson - A Place On High - The Reach Of Memory - Kumekucha Records - 2006

2:00
Harold Vick - Our Miss Brooks - Steppin' Out - Blue Note - 1996
Woody Shaw - Katrina Ballerina - The Moontrane - 32 Jazz - 1997
Pete Zimmer Quintet - The Mingus That I Knew - Judgement - Tippin' Records - 2006
Chris McNulty - When Love Was You And Me - Whispers The Heart - Elefant Dreams - 2006
Toots Thielemans - Killer Joe - Jazz Master 59 - Verve - 1996
Ted Nash & Still Evolved - Gritty Ditty - In The Loop - Palmetto Records - 2006
Madeleine Peyroux - The Summer Wind - Half The Perfect World - Rounder Records - 2006
Don Aliquo - Frayed - Jazz Folk - Young Warrior Records - 2006

3:00
Salim Washington  & RBA - A Time For Living - Love In Exile - Accurate Records - 1998
Joe Henderson - Oh Bess, Oh Where's My Bess? - Porgy & Bess - Verve -1997
Ray Brown Trio - Mistreated But Undefeated - Bassics - Concord Music - 2006
Diana Krall - Come Dance With Me - From This Moment On - Verve - 2006
Pharoah Sanders Quartet - The Nearness Of You - Welcome To Love - Evidence Music - 1996
Roy Hargrove - You Go To My Head - Moment To Moment - Verve - 2000
Sophie Milman - The Man I Love - Sophie Milman - LInus - 2004
Bud Powell - A Night In Tunisia - Jazz Profile #8 - Blue Note - 1997