[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 9/1/06

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:38:03 EDT 2006

Several cuts today related to the first anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.
But all but one of the tracks which got listener response were totally
unrelated to the event; I'm not sure what if anything that tells us. A lot
of very rabid reaction to the rare Maynard Ferguson cut. Also on the
listener favorite list - jazz guitarist Fred Fried, David Bradstreet's
"Domino's Piano" (the one Katrina-oriented track which got response),
gypsy-jazzers Hot Club of Detroit (my personal pick to click of the week),
Brian Bromberg, Joe Lovano, Larry Vuckovich, the Duhks, the John Earl Walker
Band (blues) and Tania Maria. To the list:

HOUR #1:
Dr. Alexander Nicolas - Fidelity - Fidelity

Fred Fried - You Must Believe In Spring - The Wisom of Notes

David Bradstreet - Domino's Piano - Lifelines

Hot Club of Detroit - Swing One - Hot Club of Detroit

Phil Brown - I Don't Live Today - The Jimi Project

Eddie Bullen - The Offering - Desert Rain

Brian Bromberg - Speak Low - Wood

Patti DeRosa - Waiting in New Orleans - CD single

Te Vaka - Tutuki - Tutuki

Tom Langford - Get to the Point - Here Comes Memory

Joe Lovano - Blue Sketches - Streams of Expression

Jackie Allen - If I Had - Tangled

:Larry Vuckovich Trio - As Time Goes By Mambo - Street Scene

HOUR #2:
Duhks - Down to the River/Jeb's Tune - Migrations

Lenny Solomon - The Flood - from forthcoming CD

King Never - Fragments - Orphans, Misfits & Fragments

Jeff Merchant - On Sidewalks & Backyards - Window Rolled Down

John Earl Walker Band - Too Sad to Weep - People Are Talkin'

Janet Bates - Prisoner of New Orleans - Another Child

Tania Maria - Intimidade - Intimidade

Eddie Bo - When the Saints Go Marching In - Our New Orleans 2005

Spring - Hold On, I'm Comin' - Spring Is Here

Beausoleil - L'Ouragon - Our New Orleans 2005

William Lee Ellis - Search My Heart - God's Tattoos

Maynard Ferguson - Got the Spriit - Live Jazz From Club 15 - Stan Getz/Gene
Krupa/Maynard Ferguson

See you next week!
--
Tom Bingham