[JPL] Playlist for Labor Day 9-04 WCVE-FM

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Sep 1 18:22:09 EDT 2006

Here's the tentative playlist fro Monday 9-04 from WCVE-FM Richmond VA. -
Peter Solomon

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday September 4, 2006

(Jellyroll Morton, Benjamin Spikes, John Spikes) Wolverine Blues - Birth
of the Hot: the Classic Chicago Red peppers Sessions 1926-1927 - Jellyroll
Morton - Bluebird - 07863 66641-2  (3:18)

(Scott Joplin) Maple Leaf Rag - The Legendary Sidney Bechet - Bluebird -
6590-2-RB (2:55)

(Creamer, Turner, Layton) Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Singin' the
Blues - Bix Beiderbecke - Columbia - CK 45450 (2:50)

(Rose, McDonald, Meyer) Clap hands, Here Comes Charlie - The Essential
Count Basie Volume 2 - Columbia - CK 40835 (2:26)

(Tadd Dameron) Focus - As Long As Their's Music - Richard Wyands - Savant
- SCD 2031 (5:29)

(Harrison) I'm Barred - Real Life Stories - Donald Harrison - Nagel Heyer
Records - 2022 (5:39)

(Vic Young, Ned Washington) Stella by Starlight - Chet Baker in Tokyo -
Evidence - ECD 22158-2 (10:50)

(Kenny Werner) Democracy Now - Democracy - Kenny Werner - Half Note - HN
4528 (13:03)

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) People Will Say We're in Love - No Bounds -
Chris Walden big band featuring Tierney Sutton, vocals, & Bob McChesney,
trombone - Origin - 82463 (5:07)

8:01 NPR News

(Burke, Van Heusen) It Could Happen to You - Resonance - Joe Pass - Pablo
- PACD-2310-968-2 (5:22)

(Benny Golson) Along Came Betty - North Sea Jazz festival: the Hague Years
- Phil Woods - radio nederlands Wereldomroep - MJC 040  (13:58)

(Emily Remler) Mozambique - Heart Beat - Robert Jospe - Random Chance -
RCD-28 (7:11)

(Johnston, Coslow) Troubled waters - Dream of You - Helen Merrill - EmArcy
- 314 514 074-2 (3:14)

(Charles Mingus) Track A - Solo Dancer - The Black Saint and the Sinner
Lady - Charles Mingus - Impulse - IMPD-174 (6:20)

(H. Tavares, J. Camargo) Favela - Bossa Nova Soul Samba - Ike Quebec -
Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 52443 2 (4:00)

(Bennie Harris) Crazeology - For Real! - Hampton Hawed - Contemporary -
OJCCD-713-2 (6:40)

(John Coltrane) Central Park West - Encounter - Misja Fitzgerald Michel -
No Format/Sunnyside - SSC 340 (5:09)

9:01 NPR News

(Pete Johnson) Let em' Jump - King of Boogie - Pete Johnson - Milan / BMG
73138 35622-2 (3:01)

(Green, Heyman) I Cover the waterfront - Lester Young trio - Lester Young,
Nat King Cole, Buddy Rich - Verve - 314 521 650-2 (3:41)

(Fats Waller) Viper's Drag - The World's Greatest Jazz Band at
Manchester's Free Trade Hall, England, 1971 - (featuring Ralph Sutton on
this track) - Arbors - ARCD 19343 (5:18)

(Gordon Goodwin) Don't Be a Stiff - The Front Line - Bill Perkins with
pepper Adams - Storyville - STCD 4166 (5:51)

(Frank Kimbrough) Regeneration - Play - Frank Kimbrough - Palmetto - PM
2118 (5:48)

(Connelly, Wood, Kimball) Try a Little Tenderness - Cool Chris - Chris
Connor - CD Charly 115 (3:03)

(Gershwin) I Was Doing All Right - The Oscar Peterson Trio at Zardi's -
Pablo - 2PACD 2620-118-2 (5:06)

(Schertzinger, Mercer) Tangerine - The Brothers - Zoot Sims - Prestige -
OJCCD-008-2 (4:20)

(Mose Allison) Everybody's Cryin' Mercy - Mose Allison: The Sage of Tippo
- 32Jazz - 32068 (2:39)

(Joe Henderson) Step Lightly - Joe Henderson Big Band - Verve - 314 533
451-2 (7:19)

(Joe Henderson, Laika Fatien) Silver Town (Serenity) - Look at me Now -
Laika Fatien - Body and Soul - BS 2533 (2:12)