[JPL] PLAYLIST wtju jazz 9/7/06

David Eisenman davideisenman at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:58:54 EDT 2006

	WTJU 91.1FM, Charlottesville, VA
	Community Supported, Non-profit Radio of The University of Virginia
	Jazz Spins w/e 09/07/06
	Jazz Music Director: David Eisenman
	Station Phone: 434-243-8833
	email: davideisenman at hotmail.com

Spins	Artist	Album	Label
	New Adds: NP new promotional; SA station acquired

NP	Dirty Dozen Brass Band	What's Going On	Shout
NP	Kenny Garrett	Beyond The Wall	Nonesuch
NP	Madeleine Peyroux	Half The Perfect World	Rounder
NP	Tomasz Stanko	Lontano	ECM
NP	Billy Hart	Quartet	HighNote
NP	Pete Robbins	Waits & Measures	Playscape
NP	Jane Bunnett	Radio Guantanaamo	Blue Note
NP	Anthony Wilson	Power Of Nine	Groove Note
NP	Sean Jones	Roots	Mack Avenue
NP	Jacqui Naylor	The Color Five	Ruby Star
NP	Mike Melvoin	You Know	City Light
NP	Allan Broadbent	Every Time I Think Of You	Artistry

	Freezing this week as we were playing all New Oreans special programming.

4	Dave Holland	Critical Mass	Sunnyside
4	Patricia Barber	Mythologies	Blue Note
4	Ann Hampton Callaway	Blues In The Night	Telarc
4	World Saxophone Quartet	Political Blues	Justin Time
4	Art Ensemble Of Chicago	Non-Cognitive Aspects Of the City	Pi Recordings
4	Dr. Lonnie Smith	Jungle Soul	Palmetto
3	Roy Haynes	Whereas	Dreyfus
3	Cedar Walton	One Flight Down	HighNote
3	Connie Evingson	Stockholm Sweetnin'	Minnehaha
3	Trio Beyond	Saudades	ECM
3	Ed Palermo	Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance	Cuneiform
3	Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band	The Phat Pack	Immergent
3	Mike Stern	Who Let The Cats Out	Heads Up
3	Dave Stryker	The Chaser	Mel Bay
3	Reuben Rogers	The Things I Am	Renwick
3	Scott Hamilton	Nocturnes & Serenades	Concord
3	Jamie Davis	It's A Good Thing	Unity
3	John McLaughlin	Industrial Zen	Verve
3	Regina Carter	I'll Be Seeing You	Verve
3	Caribbean Jazz Project	Mosaic	Concord
3	D.D. Jackson	Serenity Song	Justin Time
3	Hot Club Of Detroit	Hot Club Of Detroit	Mack Avenue
2	Houston Person	You Taught My Heart To Sing	HighNote
2	Geri Allen	Timeless Portraits And Dreams	Telarc
2	Eliane Elias	Around The City	Bluebird/ RCA
2	Maria Muldaur	Heart Of Mine	Telarc
2	Louis Ford	Reflections	self produced
2	Steven Bernstein	MTO Volume 1	Sunnyside
2	Nancy Wilson	Turned To Blue	MCG
2	Sherik's Syncopated Taint Septet	Husky	Hyena
2	Winard Harper	Make It Happen	Piadrum
2	Brad Mehldau	House On Hill	Nonesuch
2	Joe Lovano	Streams Of Expression	Blue Note
2	Jerry Vivino	Walkin' With The Wazmo	Zoho
2	David Bixler	Call It A Good Deal	Zoho
2	Metta Quintet	Subway Songs	Sunnyside
2	Ray Barretto	Standards Rican-Ditioned	Zoho
2	Enrico Pieranunzi	Ballads	CamJazz
2	Francisco Mela	Melao	Ayva
2	Sex Mob	Sexotica	Thirsty Ear
2	Avishai Cohen	Continuo	RASDAZ/ Sunnyside
2	The Tiptons	Drive	Zipa!
2	Frank Morgan	Reflections	HighNote
2	Ernest Dawkins	Live At The Original Velvet Lounge	Delmark
2	Thomas Chapin	Ride	Playscape
2	Hiram Bullock	Too Funky 2 Ignore	BHM
2	Roger Davidson	Pensando En Ti	Soundbrush
2	John Pizzarelli	Dear Mr. Sinatra	Telarc
2	Jimmy Scott	Milestone Profiles	Milestone/ Concord
2	Freddy Cole	Because Of You	HighNote
2	Chris Walden	No Bounds	Origin
2	Gerry Gibbs	Live At Luna	Whaling City
2	Joe Gilman	View So Tender	Capri
1	Sherman Irby	Organomics	Black Warrior
1	Louis Ford	Just TRAD-itional	self produced
1	The Brooklyn Repertory Ensemble	Pragmatic Optimism	Rag Time To no Time
1	Christian Jacob	Contradictions	WilderJazz
1	Rick Wald	16/NYC	Glowbow
1	Esperanza Spalding	Junjo	Ayva
1	Misja Fitzgerald	Encounter	Sunnyside
1	Deep Blue Organ Trio	Goin' To Town	Delmark
1	Guillaume de Chassy	Wonderful World	Sunnyside
1	Larry Vuckovich	Street Scene	Tetrachord
1	Rebeca Mauleon	Descarga En California	Pimienta
1	Lionel Hampton	There Will Never Be Another You	Out Of Sight
1	Hamilton De Holanda	Brasilianos	Adventure
1	LDB3	Blue Bop	Chicken Coup
1	Joe Locke Geoffrey Keezer	Live In Seattle	Origin
1	Elliott Caine	Blues From Mars	Rhombus
1	Buck Hill	Relax	Severn
1	The Source	The Source	ECM
1	Daniel Santiago	On The Way	Adventure
1	Kenny Wheeler	It Takes Two!	CamJazz
1	Martin Speake	Change Of Heart	ECM
1	Thelonious Monk	The Complete Riverside Recordings	Riverside/ Concord
1	Jon Faddis	Teranga	Koch
1	Thomas Stronen	Parish	ECM
1	Mark Weinstein	O Nosso Amor	Jazzheads
1	James Brown	Getting' Down To It	Verve
1	Kit McClure	Just The Thing	Redhot
1	Carla White	A Voice In The Night	Bright Moon
1	Kidd Jordan/ Drake/ Parker	Palm Of Soul	Aum
1	Etta Jones	Don't Go To Strangers	Prestige/ Concord

David Eisenman
Jazz & Blues Director
WTJU FM
PO Box 400811