[JPL] Boston Jazz History

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 12:52:41 EDT 2006

Perhaps a strange request.......I know Harry Carney was born in Boston and the rest of the history associated with him and his relationship with Duke Ellington. I'm curious........when Duke died in 74 Carney was quoted as saying "he had nothing else to live for." He died a couple months after that statement. Does anyone know how he died? I can't find much on info on this and knew there was some question as to how he did. Also, did he perform with anyone else in the Boston area after he started working with Duke or was it just Ellington? I know he was with the Ellington organization longer than anyone else and recorded one or two recordings as a leader but I can't find any info on them. Would anyone know the titles? Thanks for any info.....

  Jae Sinnett