[JPL] WRIR-Richmond "All Jazz with Giz" playlist 9-3-06

Giz Bowe girard.bowe at verizon.net
Sun Sep 3 23:36:05 EDT 2006

A 4 hour show as I fill in for the vacationing Mr Jazz, Mike Gourrier.

I post this playlist to:
rec.music.bluenote
rec.music.makers.jazz
rec.music.makers.trumpet
Jazz Programmer's mailing list

Adds and rotation plays are charted with CMJ.

intro: We've Got Silver at Six/HORACE SILVER/Hardbop Grandpop
Bright Moments/RAHSAAN ROLAND KIRK/Bright Moments
Concerto to End All Concertos/STAN KENTON/Kenton in Hi-Fi (w/Maynard Ferguson)
Dexter's Mode/LARRY VUCKOVICH/Street Scene
Like This/ROY HAYNES/Whereas
Ah-Ite/SHERMAN IRBY/Organomics
Suddenly It's Spring/RAY BARRETTO/Standards Rican-ditioned
It Only Happens When I Dance With You/RUSS KASSOFF/Somewhere

Morning Rush/METTA QUINTET/Subway Songs
Moment to Moment/STEVE DAVIS/Update
Mode for J.W./DAVE STRYKER/The Chaser
In Search of Beauty/ELIAS HASLANGER/Dream Story
Woke Up This Morning/TAYLOR EIGSTI/
You Go to My Head/SCOTT HAMILTON/Nocturnes & Serenades
Honu/JOE LOCKE - GEOFFREY KEEZER/Live in Seattle
Birds in Flight/KAT PARRA/Birds in Flight
Nothing Serious/ROY HARGROVE/Nothing Serious

intro: One for All/STEVE DAVIS/Dig Deep
Lontano I/TOMASZ STANKO/Lontano
The Wisdom of Notes/FRED FRIED/The Wisdom of Notes
On Green Dolphin Street/HAL GALPER/Agents of Change
Gellar's Cellar/MAYNARD FERGUSON/The Birdland Dream Band
Say It With Trumpets/MAYNARD/The Birdland Dream Band
The Fox Hunt/MAYNARD FERGUSON/Live in London
Prelude to a Kiss/RAHSAAN ROLAND KIRK/Bright Moments
Outra Vez/JIM TOMLINSON/The Lyric

Lucky Seven/DAVE HOLLAND/Critical Mass
Cafe Dupa/TED NASH/In the Loop
"Saxsmo" Goes to Woodstock/BARON TYMAS/Blues for the Tribe
Zimbabwe/DR LONNIE SMITH/Jungle Soul
Lazy Afternoon/ELIN/Lazy Afternoon
Bird Lives/STEVE DAVIS/Update
Backyard/BRAD MEHLDAU/House on Hill
Coffee with Dolphy/RICK WALD 16/NYC/Castaneda's Dreams
That's It/ERIC FRAZIER/In Your Own Time
Chorinho Brasileiro/TANIA MARIA/Intimidade

Giz Bowe
Jazz Director
WRIR-LP 97.3 FM
PO Box 4787