[JPL] JPL] Rahsaan/Trumpet

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 21:35:44 EDT 2006

Jae,

I think that's the opening of a 1975 album "The Case of the 3 Sided
Dream in Audio Color" on Atlantic SD 1674.... so named because it was a
two LP set with Side 2 of the second LP left blank (silent grooves) -
thus:  3 sides.   Lots of crossfades, with sound effects, musings by
RRK between tracks giving it a disconnected dream like quality that is
somehow all connected.  There were apparently 3 different sessions to
produce the album, and each session with different players - Hilton
Ruiz was one of three pianists listed.

Thanks for reminding me of this album.  I hadn't listened to it in
years and it's great.

Jim