[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 9/1/2006

Steve Schwartz Steve_Schwartz at wgbh.org
Tue Sep 5 10:10:43 EDT 2006

SPECIAL FEATURES:
ART PEPPER (b. 9/1/1925);
HORACE SILVER (b. 9/2/1928);
THE COMPOSITIONS OF CHARLIE PARKER (b. 8/29/1920)

Also, celebrating sixteen years on the air at 'GBH. Program began September  2, 1990

Artist: Selection, Album Title (Label)

8:00pm
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

 8:05pm
Mulgrew Miller: Skylark, Live at The Kennedy Center (MaxJazz)
Ted Nash; Still Evolved: Kensington High, In The Loop (Palmetto)

  8:27pm
Art Pepper: I Wished On The Moon, Intensity (Contemporary)
Art Pepper: Winter Moon, The Art of The Ballad (Prestige)
Art Pepper; with Shorty Rogers Giants: Over The Rainbow,
Jazz Profile (Blue Note)

 8:43pm
Horace Silver; with Miles Davis: Well, You Needn't,
Miles Davis Volume 1 (Blue Note)
Horace Silver; with Dee Dee Bridgewater: Nica's Dream, Love and Peace (Verve ) Horace Silver; with Lee Morgan: Roccus,
The Complete Fifties Blue Note Recordings (Mosaic Records)

 9:06pm
Marc Copeland; Randy Brecker: The Sidewinder (L. Morgan),
Both/And (Nagel Heyer)
Valery Ponomarev: Party Time (L. Morgan), Beyond The Obvious (Reservoir)

 9:26pm
Roy Haynes: Segment (C. Parker), Whereas (Dreyfus)
Billy Hart: Confirmation (C. Parker), Billy Hart Quartet (HighNote)
Winard Harper: Segment (C. Parker), Make It Happen (Piadum Records)

 9:47pm
Horace Silver: Day In, Day Out, Horace Silver Trio (Blue Note)
Horace Silver: The Baghdad Blues, Blowin' the Blues Away (Blue Note)
Horace Silver: Thou Swell, Horace Silver Trio (Blue Note)

10:06pm
Art Pepper: You Go to My Head, The Return of Art Pepper (Blue Note/Aladdin) Art Pepper: Here's That Rainy Day, Living Legend (Contemporary)
Art Pepper; George Cables: Body and Soul,
The Complete Galaxy Recordings (Galaxy)

10:26pm
Houston Person; Bill Charlap: Sweet Lorriane,
You Taught My Heart To Sing (HighNote)
John Stetch: Green Grove, Bruxin' (Justin Time)
Ray Barretto: Suddenly It's Spring, Standards Rican-ditioned (Zoho)

10:48pm
Hank Jones & Frank Wess: Barbados (C. Parker),
Hank & Frank (Lineage Records)
Geri Allen: Ah-Leu-Cha (C. Parker), Timeless Portraits and Dreams (Telarc)
Phil Woods: Yardbird Suite (C. Parker), Unheard Herd (Jazzed Media)

11:08pm
Orrin Evans: Song for My Father (H. Silver), Easy Now (Criss Cross)
Ran Blake: St. Vitus Dance (H. Silver), Horace Is Blue: A Silver Noir (Hatology) Horace Silver: Enchantment,
6 Pieces of Silver (Blue Note)

11:28pm
Art Pepper: Tears Inside, Smack Up (Contemporary)
Art Pepper: Goodbye, Thursday Night at The Village Vanguard (Contemporary)

11:49pm
Mulgrew Miller: Relaxin' at Camarillo, Live at The Kennedy Center (MaxJazz)