[JPL] Diana Krall/Clayton Hamilton Jazz Orchestra???

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Tue Sep 5 21:36:54 EDT 2006

It seems to me that I always have my magnifying glass out to see who is
playing what on what cut on a CD.  And I think my tired old eyes are only
part of the problem.  Promotion has always focused on the "star" or front
guys from pop to jazz.  I just got back from Detroit and the Motown museum
and thought about how long it took before any of the players, like the Funk
Brothers, got recognition for the work they did creating that sound.

Just as a suggestion, if anyone wanted to add a radio friendly sticker or
insert for programmers with who is playing what, that would be a nice
gesture and including the cut number and time is of course always useful.  I
don't expect radio to be the main priority of a release, but it's nice when
the label or promoter considers our needs and gives us a little help.  That
way I can give out some of that info when I play the tune.

Magical magnifying,

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix