[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Richmond VA Tue 9-05

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 5 21:45:02 EDT 2006

Here's WCVE's playlist for Tuesday night September 5. Posted online at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 5, 2006

(Robin and Rainger) If I Should Lose You - Mulgrew Miller Live at the
Kennedy Center Volume One - Maxjazz - MXJ 217

(Scott Whitfield) One-Way Street - Scott Whitfield Jazz Orchestra East
Live at Birdland - Summit Records - DCD 390

(Ornette Coleman) Broadway Blues - New York Is Now - Ornette Coleman
featuring Dewey Redman - Blue Note - CDP 7 84287 2

(Dewey Redman) Venus and Mars - African Venus - Dewey Redman with Joshua
Redman - Evidence - ECD 22093-2 (dewey is 1st soloist, Joshua 2nd)

(Jerome Moross, John Latouche) Lazy Afternoon - Lazy Afternoon - Elin -
Blue Toucan Music - BT0118052

(Freddie Hubbard) Jodo - Blue Spirits - Freddie Hubbard - Blue Note - CDP
7 46545 2

(Kosma, Prevert, Mercer) Autumn Leaves - The Oscar Peterson Trio at
Zardi's - Pablo - 2PACD-2620-118-2

8:01 NPR News

(Maceo Pinkard, William Tracey, Doris Tauber) Them There Eyes - Controlled
Nonchalance at the Regattabar Volume 2 - Ruby Braff - Arbors Jazz - ARCD
19311

(Barker, Lee) Save the Bones for Henry Jones (Cause Henry Don't Eat No
Meat) - The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic
- 138 Disc X

(Ellington, Edgar De Lange, Irving Mills) Solitude - God Bless the Child:
the Very Best of Billie Holiday - Columbia/Legacy - 82876 81743 2

(Charlie Parker) Red Cross - Hamp: the Legendary Decca Recordings of
Lionel Hampton - Decca Jazz - GRD-2-652

(George and Ira Gershwin) Embraceable You - Yardbird Suite: the Ultimate
Charlie Parker Collection - Rhino/Atlantic - R2 77260

(Harold Land) Hymn for Carl - Far Wes - Wes Montgomery - Capitol Jazz -
CDP 7 94475 2

(Gil Evans) Boplicity / (Randy Brecker) Some Skunk Funk - Under Rousseau's
Moon - Gil Goldstein - Half Note - 4527

(Thelonious Monk) Monk's Mood - Reflections - Frank Morgan - High Note -
HCD 7154

(Tommy Flanagan) Solacium - The Cats - Tommy Flanagan, John Coltrane,
Kenny Burrell - Prestige - OJCCD 079-2

(Dave Frishberg, Johnny Mandel) Little Did I Dream - Do You Miss New York?
- Dave Frishberg - Arbors - ARCD-19291

9:01 NPR News

(Donald Harrison) Nouveau Swing - Nouveau Swing - Donald Harrison -
Impulse - IMPD-209

(Robin Eubanks) Full Circle - Critical Mass - dave Holland Quintet - Dare
2 Records / Sunnyside 0 SSC 3058

(Johnny Mercer, Hoagy Carmicheal) Skylark - Great Moments with Ernestine
Anderson - Concord - CCD-4582

(Duke Ellington) In a Mellow Tone - Zoot Sims Live in Philly - Zoot Sims -
32Jazz - 32056

(Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen) Polka Dots and Moonbeams - The Complete
Paul Desmond RCA Victor Recordings Featuring Jim Hall - RCA Victor - 09026
68687-2

(Cole Porter) I've Got You under My Skin - A Night at the Village Vanguard
- Sonny Rollins - Blue Note - 7243 4 99795 2 9

(Michel Petrucciani) Looking up - Contradictions - Christian Jacob -
Wilder Jazz  -0601