[JPL] Ken Walker Sextet: Live on jazz89KUVO-Sat. 9-9

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Wed Sep 6 13:25:04 EDT 2006

The Ken Walker Sextet whose "Tierra Firma" album was a heavy hitter on the
Jazz Week charts earlier this year will play live in our Oasis Performance
Studio this Saturday afternoon the 9th at 3:30pm, MTN time. This is part of
our KUVO Day special programming as last week the City and County of Denver
Mayor Hickenlooper proclaimed this Saturday KUVO Day. Ken Walker Sextet was
already scheduled to perform in our studio for the Sennheiser-Recording
Magazine Showcase. Executives from both Sennheiser and Recording Magazine
will be present with their invited guests and clients to hear the quality of
our performance studio, its equipment, microphones, board and overall all
digital sound. We are selected because of the renowned high quality of our
studio. Our Chief Engineer Mike Pappas is a rep for Sennheiser and has
equipped our studios with the finest equipment to enhance our high quality
broadcast sound.

Since the proclamation of KUVO Day was announced, we decided to air a
portion of the showcase in conjunction with our other on-air KUVO Day
special programming. Log on to www.kuvo.org to enjoy the swinging sounds of
the Ken Walker Sextet.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO