[JPL] Playlist: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Sep 6 15:40:19 EDT 2006

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 9/6/06 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Joe Lovano - Streams Of Expression - Blue Note
Bob Lark/Phil Woods - In Her Eyes - Jazzed Media
D.D. Jackson - Serenity Song - Justin Time
Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's Going On - Shout
Dave Holland - Critical Mass - Dare2
Nancy Wilson - Turned to Blue - MCG Jazz
Cedar Walton - One Flight Down - High Note
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Jungle Soul - Palmetto
Tania Maria - Intimidade - Blue Note
Patricia Barber - Mythologies - Blue Note
11-20:
Steven Bernstein - MTO Volume 1 - Sunnyside
Houston Person w/Bill Charlap - You Taught My Heart to Sing - High Note
Jon Faddis - Teranga - Koch
Frank Morgan - Reflections - High Note
Winard Harper - Make It Happen - Piadrum
Steve Feierabend - Converging Paths - self
Sean Jones - Roots - Mack Ave
Tomasz Stanko - Lontano - ECM
Buck Hill - Relax - Severn
Brad Mehldau - House on Hill - Nonesuch
and...
Christian Jacob - Contradictions - WilderJazz
Eliane Elias - Around the City - Bluebird
Dave Kikoski - Lighter Way - Apria
Elias Haslanger - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Reuben Rogers - The Things I Am - Renwick
Kat Parra - Birds in Flight - JazzMa
Anton Schwartz - Radiant Blue - Anton Jazz
Joe Gilman - View So Tender:  Wonder Revisited - Capri
Ray Barretto - Standards Rican-ditioned - Zoho
Scott Hamilton - Nocturnes & Serenades - Concord
Dave Stryker - The Chaser - Mel Bay
Geri Allen - Timeless Protraits and Dreams - Telarc
Jacqui Naylor - The Color Five - Ruby Star
Trio Beyond - Saudades - ECM
Caribbean Jazz Project - Mosaic - Concord
Mark Egan - As We Speak - Wavetone
Rob Whitlock - Sketchin' 2 - Sketchin
Hot Club of Detroit  - Hot Club of Detroit - Mack Ave
Larry Vukovich - Street Scene - Tetrachord
Laszlo Gardony - Natural Instinct - Sunnyside
Freddie Cole - Because of You - High Note
Mort Weiss - Meets Sam Most - SMS
Native Soul - Rough Jazz - Apria
Regina Carter - I'll Be Seeing You - Verve
Joe Locke/Geoffrey Keezer - Live in Seattle - Origin
Nancy King - Live at the Jazz Standard - MaxJazz
Bob Dorough - Small Day Tomorrow - Candid
Adds:
Jane Bunnett - Radio Guatanamo - Blue Note
Jamie Davis - It's A Good Thing - Unity Music
Kenny Garrett - Beyond the Wall - Nonesuch
Gil Goldstein - Under Rousseau's Moon - HalfNote
Russ Kassoff - Somewhere - RHK Jazz
Madeleine Peyroux - Half the Perfect World - Rounder
Kenny Werner - DemocRacy - HalfNote

Doodlin' - September 5, 2006 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Gil Goldstein - Good Morning Anya - Under Rousseau's Moon - Half Note
Madeleine Peyroux - The Summer Wind - Half the Perfect World - Rounder
Tania Maria - Batebola - Intimidade - Blue Note

Jane Bunnett - You Have Changed My Life - Radio Guatanamo - Blue Note

Delfayo Marsalis (appearing Moravian College, Bethlehem - 9/15)-
Adam's Ecstasy/Eve's Delight - Pontius Pilate's Decision - RCA
Jacqui Naylor - You Don't Know What Love Is - The Color Five - Ruby Star
Tomasz Stanko - Kattorna - Lontano - ECM

Anton Schwartz - Wave - Radiant Blue - AntonJazz
Jim Tomlinson feat. Stacey Kent - Carcovado - The Lyric - O+

Nancy Wilson - Turned to Blue - Turned to Blue - MCG
Russ Kassoff - Samba du Sackets - Somewhere - RHK Jazz
Barbara Sfraga - Cool Water - Timelessness Frozen in Time - SyncTimiCity

Reuben Rogers - Fungi Mama - The Things I Am - Renwick
Panoramic - Chant - Panoramic - Rhythmic Union
Kenny Garrett - Kiss to the Skies - Beyond the Wall - Nonesuch

Christian Jacob - My Bebop Tune - Contradictions - Wilder
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note