[JPL] Trane Time

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 6 16:17:12 EDT 2006

OK, now a little gripe.   Why would Concord send out a sampler CD from
the Fearless Leader set and include 9 tunes from various albums without
a shred of info about personnel or recording dates or even original
albums?   Thanks a lot to Patrick Milligan and Cheryl Pawelski who
"produced and compiled" the album  but only tell us John Coltrane is
playing on it.

Was that Wilbur Harden on fluegelhorn on "I'll Get By"?  and who was in
the rhythm section, was that Red?  Are we not supposed to be interested
in this info?  If this was a compilation for jazz radio they sure
missed!  It's kinda worthless to those programmers who'd be most likely
to use it.

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org