[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Wed 9-06

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Sep 6 21:55:00 EDT 2006

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Richmond. Archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235

804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday September 6, 2006

(Tina Brooks) Talkin' about - The Waiting Game - Tina Brooks - Blue Note -
7243 5 40536 2 7

(Cole Porter) I Love You - The Swinging Guitar of Tal Farlow - Verve - 314
559 515-2

(Clark Terry) Boomerang - Serenade to a Bus Seat - Clark Terry Quintet -
Riverside - OJCCD-066-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) I've Got Beginner's Luck - The Complete Ella
Fitzgerald Song Books: the George and Ira Gershwin Song Book - Verve -
4400 601 060

(David Sanchez) Street Scenes - Street Scenes - David Sanchez - Columbia -
CK 67627

(Benny Carter) How Can You Lose - Jazz Giant - Benny Carter - Contemporary
- CD-7555-2

(Billy Strayhorn) After All -
And His Mother Called Him Bill - Duke
Ellington - Bluebird - 6287-2-RB

(Bernstein, Comden, Grene) It's Love - Somewhere - Bill Charlap Trio -
Blue Note - 7243 5 94807 2 5

(Kurt Weill, Ogden Nash) Speak Low - Tony Bennett's Greatest Hits of the
'60's - Columbia/legacy - 82876 84779 2

(Brooks Bowman) East of the Sun - From A to Z - Al Cohn and Zoot Sims -
RCA Victor - 74321 47790-2

8:01 NPR News

(Joe Henderson) Mo Joe - The Cape Verdean Blues - The Horace Silver
Quintet plus JJ Johnson - Blue Norte - CDP 7 84220 2

(Steve Nelson) Amator Silenti - Critical Mass - Dave Holland Quintet -
Dare 2 / Sunnyside - SSC 3058

(Fitzgerald-Michel) The Gathering - Encounter - Misja Fitzgerald-Michel -
No Format/Sunnyside Records - SSC-3040

(Herbie Hancock) Three Bags Full - Takin' off - Hernie Hancock - Blue Note
- CDP 7243 8 37643 2 7

(Fred Lacey) Theme for Ernie - East Coast Roots - Pat Bianchi - Jazzed
Media - 1022

(George and Ira Gershwin) Nice Work if You Can Get It / (Loesser, McHugh)
Can't Get out of This Mood / (Loesser) Spring Will Be a Little Late This
year - Sarah Vaughan in Hi-Fi - Columbia/Legacy - CK 65117

(S. Cahn, J. Styne) Time after Time - One Flight down - Cedar Walton -
High Note - HCD 7157

9:01 NPR News

(Richard Galliano) Fou Rire - New York Tango - Richard Galliano - Dreyfus
Jazz - FDM 36 581.2

(Reinhardt) Echoes of Spain / (Green, Heyman) Out of Nowhere - Django
Reinhardt and the Hot Club of France: Disc B: Paris 1939-1940 - JSP
Records - JSPCD 904D

(Charlie Parker) Relaxin' at Camarillo - Mulgrew Miller Live at the
Kennedy Center - Maxjazz - MXJ 217

(J. Segal, R. Wells) What Are You Afraid of? - Because of You - Freddy
Cole - High Note - HCD 7156

(Theloniousmonk) I Mean You - Art Farmer Live at Stanford Jazz Workshop -
Art Farmer - Monarcg Records - MR 1013

(Duke Ellington) What Am I Here for? - April in Paris - Count Basie -
Verve - 314 521 402-2

(Burt Kalmar, Harry Ruby) Three Little Words - Lester Young: the Kansas
City Sessions -  Commodore - CMD-402

(Louis Armstrong) Weather Bird - Louis Armstrong Volume IV - Louis
Armstrong and Earl Hines - Columbia - CK 45142

(Artie Shaw) The Sad Sack - Artie Shaw: the Last Recordings - Music
Masters - 01612-65071-2