[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Richmond vA Thursday 9-07

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Sep 7 21:46:23 EDT 2006

Here's tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE Richmond VA, archived online at
ideastations.org/radio.
Please send cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday September 7, 2006

(Duke Ellington, Irving Mills)  Ring Dem Bells / (Duke Ellington, Jimmy
Hamilton) The Air-Conditioned Jungle - Duke Ellington: the Great Chicago
Concerts - Musc Masters - 01612 65110-2

I Thank You Mister Moon / Put That Sun Back in the Sky  - Bunny Berigan:
the Key Sessions 1931 - 1937 - JSP Records - 917A

(Rodgers and Hart) Dancing on the Ceiling - Sonny Stitt - MCA Records -
CHD-9317

(Public Domain) Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen - Feelin' the Spirit
-Grant Green - Blue Note - CDP 7 46822 2

(Webster, Williams, Wright) Reverse the Charges - Bebop Spoken Here -
Frankie Soccolow featuring Freddie Webster - Proper - 1137

(John Malachi) Opus X - Bebop Spoken Here - Billy Eckstine Orchestra -
Proper - 1137

(Tadd Dameron) Our Delight - Bebop Spoken Here - Dizzy Gillespie Orchestra
- Proper - 1137

(Charles Mingus) Haitian Fight Song - The Clown - Charles Mingus -
Atlantic Jazz - 90142-2

(Dorival Caymmi, Antonio Almeida) Doralice - Lazy Afternoon - Elin - Blue
Toucan Music - BT0118052

(Nat Ayer, Clifford Grey) If You Were the Only Girl in the World - Sonny
Rollins Trio / Sonny Rollins Brass - Verve - 815 056-2

8:01 NPR News

(Charlie Parker) Ah-Leu Cha - Timeless Portraits and Dreams - Geri Allen -
Telarc Jazz - CD-83645

(Irving Berlin) I Got Lost in His Arms - The Lyric - Jim Tomlinson and
Stace kent - O+ Music - 113

(Anton Scwartz) Blues for Now - Radiant Blue - Anton Schwartz - Anton Jazz
- AJ-1004

(Phineas Newborn, Jr.) Harlem Blues - Harlem Blues - Phineas Newborn Jr. -
Contemporary - OJCCD-662-2

(David Sanchez) Cancion del Canaveral - Coral - David Sanchez - Columbia -
CH 90313

(Bobby Troup) Baby, Baby All the Time - Standards Rican-ditioned - Ray
Barretto - Zoho - ZM 200610

(Kern, Cahn) The Song is You - Once upon a Time - Chet Baker - Galaxy -
OJCCD-405-2

(Billy Barnes) Something Cool - When I Look in Your Eyes - Carol Sloane -
Concord - CCD 4619

9:01 NPR News

(Lou Donaldson) Peck Time - Sentimental Journey - Lou Donaldson - Columbia
- CK - 66790

(Lennie Tristano) Intuition - Intuition: Crosscurrents - Lennie Tristano -
Proper - P 1355

(Hoagy Camichael, Mitchell Parish) Stardust / (George and Ira Gershwin)
Liza - Art Tatum Classic Early Solos (1934-1937) - Decca Jazz - GRD-607

(Daniels) Pan Pan / (Feather, Jordan, Williams) Brotherly Love / (Austin,
Jordan) Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby? - Louis Jordan and His Tympani
Five: Disc B 1941-1944 - JSP Records - JSPCD 905B

(Ray Gilbert, Kid Ory) Muskrat Ramble - The World's Greatest Jazz Band at
Manchester's Free Trade Hall 1971 - Arbors Records - 19343

(Hodges) Shady Side - Gerry Mulligan meets Johnny Hodges - Verve - 440 065
513-2

(John Coltrane) Mr. P.C. - Whereas - Roy Haynes and the Fountain of Youth
Band - Dreyfus Jazz - DY 36694

(Moises Simon) Priquitin Pin Pon - El Arte del Sabor - Bebo Valdes - Blue
Note - 7243 5 35193 2 2