[JPL] WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Sep 8 21:51:38 EDT 2006

Hello again - here's the WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Friday night September 8.
Archived online at ideastations.org/radio. Please send cd's for airplay
consideration to the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday September 8, 2006

7:00 PM Caliente #2 featuring David Sanchez

7:58 PM (Dizzy Gillespie, Gil Fuller, Chano Pozo) Manteca - Dizzy
Gillespie: the Complete RCA Victor Recordings - RCA/Bluebird - 07863
66528-2

8:01 NPR News

(Bernie Miller) Bernie's Tune - With All My Heart - Harvey Mason - RCA
Victor / Bluebird - 82876-52741-2

(George Russell) Nita - Portrait of Art Farmer - Contemporary -
OJCCD-166-2

(Ernesto Lecuona) Andalucia (The Breeze and I) - Besame Mucho and Other
Latin Jazz Standards - Dave Liebman - Red Records - RR 123260 2

(Irving Berlin) This Year's Kisses - Clap Hands, here Comes Charlie - Ella
Fitzgerald - Verve - 835 646-2

(Brodszky, Cahn) Be My Love - Kenny Dorham Quintet - Debut Records -
OJCCD-113-2

(Styne, Robin) You Say You Care - Soultrane - John Coltrane - Prestige -
PRCD-30006-2

(Jobim, de Moraes) A Felicidade - Sabia - Suzannah McCorkle - Concord -
CCD-4418

(Bill Evans) Turn out the Stars - East Coast Roots - Pat Bianchi - Jazzed
Media - JM 1022

(Lee Morgan) Cornbread - Cornbread - Lee Morgan - Blue Note - CDP 7 84222
2

9:01 NPR News

(Ray Brown, Gil Fuller) Ray's Idea - Miles Davis: the Birdland Sessions
Featuring Stan Getz - Charly - Le Jazz - CD 23

(Akst, Clarke) Am I Blue - You've Got a Date with the  Blues - Helen
Merrill - Verve - 837 936-2

(Don Raye, Gene DePaul) Star Eyes - New York Cool: Live at the Blue Note -
Donald Harrison - Half Note - 4525

(Coleman Hawkins) Bean Stalkin' - Coleman Hawkins and Roy Eldridge at the
Opera House - Verve - 314 521 641-2
(Thelonious Monk) Bright Mississipi - Monk's Dream - Thelonious Monk -
Columbia - CK 40786

(Dave Holland) The Leak - Critical Mass - Dave Holland - Dare 2 Records /
Sunnyside - SSC 3058

(Sweets Edison, Jon Hendricks) Centerpiece - Easy to Love - Roberta
Gambarini - Kindred Rhythm - KRM-CD-1122

(Don Redman, Andy Razaf) Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You - Blue Hour -
Stanley Turrentine with the Three Sounds - Blue Note - CDP 7 84057-2