[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 9/8/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Sep 8 23:43:14 EDT 2006

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Sept 8, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE: Saxophonist JAMES CLAY (b. 9/8/1935, Dallas, TX)

8:00pm
Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Dewey Redman: I Should Care, In London (Palmetto)
Dewey Redman: I Got It Bad, School work (Mons Records)

8:26pm
Winard Harper: Morning Glow, Make It Happen (Piadum Records)
Ann Hampton Callaway: Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most,
Blues in The Night (Telarc)
Edward Simon: The Messenger, Unicity (CAM Jazz)

8:50pm
Kenny Werner: Fish Gotta Fly, Democracy (Half Note)
@ Scullers Jazz Club 9/13/06
Esperanza Spalding: Perazuan, Junjo (Ayva Music)
@ Scullers jazz Club 9/12/06

9:03pm
SPECIAL FEATURE
James Clay: Crazeology, Cookin' at The Continental (Antilles)
Billy Higgins; James Clay: Evidence, Bridge Work (Contemporary)
James Clay: Things Ain't What They Used To Be,
I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart (Antilles)

9:24pm
Wes Montgomery; James Clay: So Do It; Movin' Along,
Encores Volume 1: Body and Soul (Milestone)

9:39pm
Red Mitchell; James Clay: Paul's Pal; Sandu,
Presenting Red Mitchell (Contemporary)
James Clay: My Foolish Heart, I Let A Song Go Out of my Heart (Antilles)

10:06pm
Larance Marable; James Clay: Minor Meeting, Tenorman (Jazz West)
Frank Morgan; James Clay: "Huh"; Well, You Needn't,
Frank Morgan (GNP Crescendo)

10:28pm
James Clay; David "Fathead" Newman: Figger-Ration,
The Sound of The Wide Open Spaces !!!! (Riverside)
James Clay: New Delhi; Linda Serene, A Double Dose of Soul (Riverside)

10:51pm
Don Cherry; James Clay: The Blessing, Art Deco (A&M)
James Clay: Body and Soul, I Let A Song Go Out of My Heart (Antilles)
END OF SPECIAL FEATURE

11:05pm
Marc Copeland; Randy Brecker: I Loves You Porgy, Both/And (Nagel Heyer)
Alan Broadbent: Bess, Oh Where's My Bess,
Every Time I Think of You (Artistry Music)
Donald Harrison Jr: Summertime, The Survivor (Nagel Heyer)

11:31pm
Diana Krall: Isn't It A Lovely Day, From This Moment On (Verve)
Carla White: It's Kind of Lonesome Out Tonight,
A Voice in The Night (Bright Moon)
Stacey Kent; Jim Tomlinson: What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life,
The Lyric (O+Music)

11:50pm
Mulgrew Miller: From Day To Day, Live at The Kennedy Center (MaxJazz)