[JPL] real contemporary jazz & the smooth format

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Sat Sep 9 12:28:44 EDT 2006

What's really cool is that it seems some of that backlash may be
fading.  We are seeing about half of the jazz panel spinning current
releases from among the group of artists like George Duke,
Yellowjackets, Breckers, Spyro Gyra, the new Al Di Meola, Mike Stern,
Lee Ritenour, etc., that all fall into that area.  I'd be interested
in what kind of listener response those stations are getting from
those tracks -- I know that I get excited calls from that sort of
record even just during my once-per-week shift.  It seems like
there's some interest and some room for those and things like the new
MSMW, Stanton Moore, Skerik, Jacob Fred, etc.

Ed