[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Richmond 9-11-06

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Sep 11 21:52:24 EDT 2006

Tonight's WCVE Richmond jazz playlist, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday September 11, 2006

(Ellington) In a Mellow Tone / (Mack Gordon, Harry Warren) The More I See
You - The More I See You - Oscar Peterson featuring Clark Terry and Ray
Brown (no BC solo) - telarc Jazz - CD-83370

If Dreams Come True / Fascination / Hungry Blues / Carolina Shout  -
Father of the Stride Piano - James P Johnson - Columbia - CL 1780

(George Tucker) Friar Tuck - Roamin' with Richardson - Jerome Richardson -
Prestige/New Jazz - OJCCD-1849-2

(Scott Whitfield) Postage Due - Scott Whitfield Quintet Live at Charlie
O's - Scott Whitfield - Summit Records - DCD 460

(Hoagy Carmichael and Johnny Mercer) Skylark - Mulgrew Miller Live at the
Kennedy Center Volume One -  Maxjazz - MXJ 217

8:01 NPR News

(F.E. Churchill, L. Morey) Some Day My Prince Will Come - Some Day My
Prince Will Come - Miles Davis - Columbia/Legacy - CK 65919

(Chic Corea) Humpty Dumpty - Junjo - Esperanza Spalding - Ayva - 036

(Steve Davis) Smooth - The Lineup - One for All - Sharp Nine Records -
CD-1037-2

(Cole Porter) Night and Day - Crosscurrents - Bill Evans with Lee Konitz
and Warne Marsh - Fantasy - OJCCD-718-2

(Bill Evans, Carol Hall) The Two Lonely People - Easy to Love - Roberta
Gambarini - Kindred Rhythm - KRM-CD-1122

(Amina Figarova) September Suite: Numb / Emptyness  - September Suite -
Munich records - 215 2021

9:00 PM NPR News Special Coverage

9:30 PM

(Public Domain) It's me Oh Lord (Standing in Need of Prayer) - Steal Away:
Spirituals, Hymns and Folk Songs - Charlie Haden and Hank Jones - Verve -
314 527 249-2

(Young, Washington, Crosby) I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance with You -
Virtuoso in New York - Joe Pass - Pablo - PACD-2310-979-2

(Sam Jones) Seven Minds - One Flight down - Cedar Walton - High Note - HCD
7157

(Donald Byrd) Ghana - Byrd in Flight - Donald Byrd - Blue Note - CDP 7243
8 52435 2 3

(Malneck, Signorelli, Parish) Stairway to the Stars - Bags Meets Wes! -
Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery - Riverside - OJCCD-234-2