Smokey Robinson!!! Re: [JPL] Gladys Knight - Say What?

Mark Shapiro speaklow at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 12 16:17:47 EDT 2006

Jim,

I take albums one by one, whether by a mega-famous star or by an unknown. I agree that it is unfortunate that great music goes unrecognized, but I don't agree that a pop star has not contributed to the art with a particular album only for the fact that he or she hasn't contributed to the art of jazz previously while other artists languish in undeserved obscurity. In this conversation I've been extolling a particular album, definitely not because the artist is famous, but rather because I love the music, no matter the artist is famous or not.

Mark Shapiro