[JPL] Roberta Gambarini in Denver, stage & CD

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Sep 12 16:42:31 EDT 2006

Roberta's CD has been the surprise vocal album of the past 6 months, she has
gotten tonnage of airplay here. Not only does she have all the qualities of
a great vocalist in the making, because she is Italian it surprised all of
us that when she sings she might as well have been born in Anyhwere USA. It
reminded me of The Beatles back in 1965 or so, when I heard them speak for
the first time because I was amazed that they had UK accents, I thought they
were a US group.

Roberta plays Denver Friday September 29th with Denver's own Eric Gunnison
as part of her back up group as he has been playing piano for her on many
dates around the country, previously Eric Gunnison accompanied Carmen McRae
for a few years and is the pianist on one of Carmen's tribute to Monk
albums. We are all excited by her appearance for an interview on Friday
afternoon and then seeing her perform later that night.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station