[JPL] roberta gambarini

georgetfuller at juno.com georgetfuller at juno.com
Tue Sep 12 18:59:06 EDT 2006

       Hey jazz folks -  here is your contact  -- Tatsuya -- Dreyfus
Jazz--  212 398 5859  - for Roberta Gambarini and french releases --
,,,we at KRML are fortunate enough to possess in our library 2
recordings of her  -- a 1998 ( 6 tracks ) recorded in Italy ,, and a
2001 ( 12 tracks  ( recorded  in Big Sur ) -- KRML has presented
Roberta in concert on at least 2 occasions , she played the garden
stage of the  MJF once along side Billy Childs , George Mraz , and Roy
Hargrove - and the MJF presented her in concert in Carmel that also
featured Tierney Sutton -- Roberta came in  third place in the T. Monk
 vocal competition behind    2nd placed  Jane Monheit  and 1st placed
Terri Thornton -- on stage she announced her favorite composition  ---
Lush Life - see ya at the 49th annual MJF this friday , sat , sun -
George Fuller  / Facilities Director    24/ 7 KRML  jazz & blues radio