[JPL] Playlist (resent) WCVE

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 12 21:57:04 EDT 2006

My apologies, I cut off the last two tracks before.
Peter Solomon

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 12, 2006

(Eddie Lockjaw Davis) The Chef - The Best of Eddie Lockjaw Davis -
Prestige - PRCD-5718-2

(Bob Brookmeyer) Good Spirits - Al Cohn Quintet Featuring Bob Brookmeyer -
Coral / Verve - B0003935-02

(Terry Gibbs) The Fat Man - One More Time - Terry Gibbs Dream Band -
Contemporary - CCD-7658-2

(Cole Porter) My Heart Belongs to Daddy - Whereas - Roy Haynes - Dreyfus
Jazz - 36694

(Antonio Carlos Jobim) Bonita - Lazy Afternoon - Elin - Blue Toucan Music
- BT0118052

(Hammerstein, Kern) Nobody Else But Me - East Coast Roots - Pat Bianchi -
Jazzed Media - JM 1022

(Elias Haslanger) Street Beat - Dream Story - Elias Haslanger - Cherrywood
Records -  EH 001

8:01 NPR News

8:06 (Thelonious Monk) Rhythm-a-ning - Thelonious in Action - Thelonious
Monk - Riverside - OJCCD-103-2

(Wilder) I'll Be around - Moonlight in Vermont - Johnny Smith - Roulette
Jazz - CDP 7977472

(Dave Frishberg) Can't Take You Nowhere - Retromania - Dave Frishberg -
Arbors - ARCD 19334

(Duke Ellington) Me and You - You Do Something to Me - Boilermaker Jazz
Band - BMJB-08CD

(Eddie Barefield, Bustre Moten) Toby - Kansas City Powerhouse - Count
Basie - Bluebird - 09026-63903-2

(Pete Johnson) Shuffle Boogie - Pete Johnson: King of Boogie - Milan/BMG
Classics - 73138 35622-2

(Jordan, Weldon) I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town - Outskirts of
Town - The Prestige Blues-Swingers - Tiny Grimes - Prestige - OJCCD-1717-2

(Mulgrew Miller) From Day to Day - Mulgrew Miller Live at the Kennedy
Center Volume One - Maxjazz - MXJ 217

(Ray Charles) Nobody Cares - Blues + Jazz - Ray Charles - Rhino/Atlantic -
R2 71607

(Milt Jackson) Blues Oriental - The Best of Milt Jackson - Milt Jackson
with Cannonball Adderly - Riverside - RCD-5707-2

9:01 NPR News (Charles Lloyd) Dancing on the Roof - Sangam - Charles Lloyd
- ECM 1976

(Brubeck) Brandenburg Gate - Jazz Impressions of Eurasia - Dave Brubeck -
Columbia/Legacy - CK 48531

(Royce Campbell) Manhattan Mambo - Elegy to a Friend - Moon Cycle records
- SG 1993

(Thelonious Monk, lyrics by John Hendricks) Looking Back/Reflections -
Carmen Sings Monk - Carmen McRae - RCA/BMG/Novus - 3086-2-N

(Public Domain) Dear Old Stockholm - Round about Midnight - Miles Davis -
Columbia - CK 40610

(Dave Holand) Secret Garden - Critical Mass - Dave Holland - Dare 2
Records/Suunnyside - SSC-3058

(Kenny Werner) Fish Gotta Fly - Democracy - Kenny Werner - Half Note -
4528