[JPL] Straight No Chaser (wsha-fm - wshafm.org) 09-13-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 23:56:17 EDT 2006

8:00pm
Jabbo Smith, `Til Times Get Better
[news]
Flat Earth Society, Gulls & Buoys (psycho scout)
Sun Ra, title cut, pt. 1 (Somewhere Else)
Modo Trio w/Jamie Saft, Bender (The Uninvited)
Lisa Hilton, City Streets (Midnight in Manhattan)
Revolutionary Snake Ensemble, A Call For All Demons (Year of the Snake)
Raymond Scott, Powerhouse (Reckless Nights And Turkish Twilights)
Flat Earth Society, Hilton's Heaven (psycho scout)
Andrew Hill, title cut (Pax)

9pm
Ellyn Rucker & Spike Robinson, Everything I Love (Nice Work!)
Dave Glasser, Can't I? (Above the Clouds)
Art Tatum, Jitterbug Waltz (Solo Masterpieces, vol. 3)
Pyeng Threadgill, Jitterbug Waltz (Of the Air)
Cecil Taylor, title cut (Jumpin' Punkins)
Boswell Sisters, 42nd Street (That's How Rhythm Was Born)
Tomasz Stanko Quartet, Kattorna (Lontano)
Reuben Rogers, Shed (The Things I Am)
Michael Musillami's Dialect, title cut (fragile forms)
Savage Knights w/Peter Lamb & Crowmeat Bob, Night Walker (Solo Basura)

10pm
Art Blakey, Hammer Head (Free For All)
Dewey Redman, Boo Boodoop (Living on the Edge)
Dewey Redman, I Should Care (In London)
Roberta Gambarini, Too Late Now (Easy To Love)
Paul Tardiff, The Peacocks (Points of Departure)
Houston Person w/Bill Charlap, title cut (You Taught My Heart To Sing)
Jake Shimabukuro, Misty (Gently Weep)
Lester Bowie Brass Fantasy, Count On Me (when the spirit returns)

11pm
The Don Pullen Quintet, title cut (The Sixth Sense)
Edward Simon/John Patitucci/Brian Blade, Pathless Path (unicity)
Ted Nash & Still Evolved, title cut (In The Loop)
Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble, Toucouleur (The Messenger)
Flat Earth Society, In Between Rivers (psycho scout)
John McNeil, Polka Party (Sleep Won't Come)
Skerick's Syncopated Taint Septet, Fry His Ass (Husky)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org