[JPL] Chuchito Valdés on KUVO-today at Noon

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Thu Sep 14 11:33:21 EDT 2006

Jesús "Chuchito" Valdés Jr. will be my in-studio guest today on
Lunchtime At The Oasis at about 12:30pm during my weekday hour shift.
This is the 3rd time Chuchito visits KUVO in the 3 years I have
lived in Denver. Chuchito's group led by Austrian saxist Laksar
Reese have developed quite a following in Metro Denver and Colorado
having performed in many venues along the Front Range and the
Rockies resorts. They play the Boulder Theatre tonight in downtown
Boulder, they perform Friday night in Aspen and close their Colorado
tour on Saturday night by playing at another club near Colorado
Springs.

I feel priveledged that over the years not only I have interviewed
all three generations of the Valdés pianist dynasty, but also the
lesser known Valdés family of musicians members like Mayra, Rikard
and Emilio. My highlight was while I was at WDNA, Miami, Bebo wanted
to meet with Chucho and chose the station for a Saturday morning
family chat and it was amazing to see father and son side by side.

Log on to www.kuvo.org to listen to my chat with Chuchito.

Arturo