[JPL] Enough about Roberta Gambarini

Lenny Mazel jazz at kcme.org
Thu Sep 14 11:27:05 EDT 2006

Enough is enough.  My emailbox is overflowing.  The general consensus seems
to be that Roberta is a wonderful singer, and truly a jazz singer.  I was
underwhelmed seeing her live a year ago, but overwhelmed by her CD.  I think
it's fantastic.  But with all this talk about female vocalists, Grammys, who
is or isn't a jazz singer, and where singers fit in the jazz pantheon, let's
take a moment to remember that the vocal CD of the year in concept and
execution, by a long shot, is Karrin Allyson's Footprints.

Lenny Mazel
Jazz Director
KCME-FM
1921 N Weber St