[JPL] ADD Date; Street Date; Release Date

MFA - Jazz Publicity & Radio Promotion MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
Fri Sep 15 04:16:08 EDT 2006

Peter -

I thought we went over this RE: 3osity.

> From: "Peter Poses" <pposes at earthlink.net>
> Date: 14 September 2006 23:24:51 GMT-04:00
> To: "Jazz Programmers List" <jazzproglist at jazzweek.com>
> Subject: [JPL] ADD Date; Street Date; Release Date
>

> "JPL": Howzzit ---
>
> 	If I understood correctly the ADD Dates; Street Dates; & Release
> Dates of
> The Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orch. w/ Krall & w/ Knight are 09/18 &
> 10/03,
> respectively.
>
> 	Do ADD = street = release dates? Same? different?

Add date = arbitrary date set for when labels and promoters would
like to have their CDs added to rotation.

Street & Release Dates are the same thing.

> How is it that these releases are currently being played on various
> radio
> stations as indicated by play lists?

Guess you can't hold back great music (Gladys) or in the case of the
Krall CD good music.

> Does it make any difference?
>
> 	If so, who does it impact, & it what way(s)?

Since CDs are usually not available to consumers until the street /
add date there would be the concern that one is playing music nobody
can purchase for themselves yet.  So of course one would hope a DJ /
announcer playing a CD before the street / release date would be
sensitive to perhaps frustrating / alienating listeners and qualify
that action by saying something about the CD not being available yet
or will be out on XX Date, etc.

> I'd be obliged to receive some responses & explications. UTNG
> (Until The
> Next Gig), dig, Peter Poses KRFC FT COLLINS

HTH (Hope That Helps)

Mitchell

MFA
Publicity, Radio Promotion & Consulting
For The International Jazz Community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
2059 Heckle Street
Augusta, GA 30904 / USA

Phone:	706.550.0263 (New!)
Cell:        303.641.4783
Email:	MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net