[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 9/15/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Sep 16 00:11:30 EDT 2006

Friday, Sept 15, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE: Julian "Cannonball" Adderley (b. 9/15/1928)
INTERVIEW with CARMEN LUNDY

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Delfeayo Marsalis: If You Only Knew, Minions Dominions (Trubadour Music)
Stacey Kent; Jim Tomlinson: I Got Lost in His Arms, The Lyric (O+Music)
Frisell, Carter, Motian: Misterioso, Frisell, Carter, Motian (Nonesuch)

8:30pm
Mulgrew Miller: When I Get There, Live at The Kennedy Center (MaxJazz)
Kenny Werner: Untitled Lament, Democracy (Half Note)

8:55pm
CARMEN LUNDY INTERVIEW
Appearing at Beantown Jazz Festival, Saturday Sept. 30, 2006:

9:47pm
Houston Person; Bill Charlap: Namely You,
You Taught My Heart To Sing (HighNote)
Winard Harper: I've Never Been in Love Before,
Make It Happen (Piadum Records)

SPECIAL FEATURE: CANNONBALL ADDERLEY (b. 9/15/1928)

10:05pm
Cannonball Adderley: I Worship You, Domination (Capitol)
Cannonball Adderley: Dat Dere, Them Dirty Blues (Riverside)
The Adderley Brothers: Bohemia After Dark, The Summer of '55 (Savoy)

10:27pm
Cannonball Adderley: Gemini, In New York (Riverside)
Cannonball Adderley; with Sarah Vaughan: How High The Moon,
In The Land of Hi-Fi/The Definitive Sarah Vaughan (Verve)
Cannonball Adderley; with Ray Brown: Work Song, Ray Brown/Milt Jackson:
Much in Common (Verve)

10:54pm
Cannonball Adderley: Autumn Leaves, Somethin' Else (Blue Note)
Cannonball Adderley: Fallen Feathers, Julian Cannonball Adderley (EmArcy)
Cannonball Adderley; with Ernie Andrews: Big City, Live Session! (Capitol)

11:16pm
Cannonball Adderley; with Bill Evans: Waltz for Debby,
Know What I Mean? (Riverside)
Cannonball Adderley; with Gil Evans: Willow Tree,
New Bottle Old Wine (PAcific Jazz)
Cannonball Adderley: The Chant, and The Poll Winners (Riverside)

11:36pm
Milt Jackson; with Cannonball Adderley: Heartstrings,
Plenty, Plenty Soul (Atlantic)
Cannonball Adderley: This Here, Quintet in San Francisco (Riverside)

11:54pm
Cannonball Adderley: I Guess I"ll Hang My Tears Out to Dry,
Cannoball Takes Charge (Riverside)

END