RE: [JPL] Willie Nelson cited for pot, mushrooms

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Mon Sep 18 17:25:40 EDT 2006

Rick writes........

"What's the deal with artists and drugs? They seem to go hand in hand.
(possible bad choice of expression).

I don't know the history of all my favorite musicians, but my gut tells
me,
that with very few (if any) exceptions, all of them have done drugs at
one
time or another. (ahem, illegal drugs)."

Horace Silver didn't use drugs but was under constant scrutiny by police
because of the company he kept.

Many jazz artists of today don't do drugs as well including Don Braden,
Cecilia Smith, Freddy Cole, Cassandra Wilson, Leon Lee Dorsey, Shahida
Nurullah among others.

Bobby Jackson