[JPL] Willie Nelson cited for pot, mushrooms

Maurice Hogue onemansjazz at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 18 17:52:19 EDT 2006

At 03:40 PM 18/09/2006 -0400, you wrote:

>Willie Nelson cited for pot, mushrooms
>

>LAFAYETTE, Louisiana (AP) -- Willie Nelson and four others were issued
>misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana
>after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.
>
>The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the
>country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.
>
>"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he
>smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said.
>
>A search of the bus produced 11/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of
>narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.
>
>A call to Nelson's publicist wasn't immediately returned.
>
>Also cited were Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Florida; Bobbie Nelson,
>75, of Briarcliff, Texas; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin, Texas; and David
>Anderson, 50, of Dallas, Texas.
>
>Each was released after being issued a citation.
>
>Nelson, 73, has recorded songs including "On the Road Again" and "City of
>New Orleans."

Therapeutic use no doubt!!!  Poor Willie, he just seems to have
these clouds that seem to follow him around. (ahem!)

And you know the old joke: the cop says I'll have to give you a citation,
and the offender says well I suppose a Chevy Citation is better than no car
at all.  (rimshot)

Maurice Hogue
CKUW Winnipeg