[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Mon 9-18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Sep 18 21:49:26 EDT 2006

Here's my playlist  from tonight, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below. Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday September 18, 2006

(Ernie Wilkins) Big Bad Basie - 16 Men and a Chick Singer Swingin' - Pratt
Brothers Big Band - CAP - 985

(John Lewis) Milano - Django - Modern jazz Quartet - Prestige -
OJCCD-057-2

(Tadd Dameron) On a Misty Night / Our Delight / Swift as the Wind - The
Magic Touch - Tadd Dameron - Riverside - OJCCD-143-2

(Heyman, Sour, Eyton, Green) Body and Soul - Gerry Mulligan-Paul Desmond
Quartet - Verve - 314 519 850-2

(Rube Bloom, Johnny Mercer) Day in, Day out - From This Moment on - Diana
Krall - Verve - B0007323-02

(Thad Jones) Thedia - The Magnificent Thad Jones - Blue Note - CDP
7-46814-2

(John Coltrane) Straight Street - East Coast Roots - Pat Bianchi - Jazzed
Media - 1022

8:01 NPR News

(Moacir Santos) Nana - Walking with My Bass - Nilson Matta - Blue Toucan
Music

(Thielmans, Gimbel) Bluesette - Songs from the Last Century - HD2: Helio
Alves, Duduka de Fonseca - Blue Toucan Music

(Wolff, Heron, Sinatra) I'm a Fool to Want You - Portrait of Sheila -
Sheila Jordan - Blue Note - CDP 7 89002 2

(Charlie Parker) Au Privave -  Messages - Hank Mobley - Prestige -
PCD-24063-2

(Earl Hines) A Monday Date / (Al Neilburg, Doc Dougherty, Ellis Renolds)
I'm Confessin' That I Love You / (Percy Venable, Louis Armstring) Big
Butter and Egg Man - Wild Bill Davison: the Commodore  Master Takes -
Commodore - CMD-405

(Isham Jones, Gus Kahn) The One I Love belongs to Somebody Else / (Duke
Ellington) I've Got to Be a Rug Cutter - You Do Something to Me -
Boilermaker Jazz Band - BMJB-08CD

(Ellington, Gaines) Just Squeeze Me - Minions Dominion - delfeayo Marsalis
- Troubador Jass - TJR 0903067

9:01 NPR News

(Montgomery) Four on Six - The Best of Wes Montgomery - Riverside -
RCD-5705-2

(S. Cahn. S. Chaplin, H. Zaret) Dedicated to You - John Coltrane and
Johnny Hartman - Impulse -GRD-157

(Tommy Turrentine) Sara's Dance - Never Let Me Go - Stanley Turrentine -
Blue Note - CDP 7 84129 2

(Randy Weston) Pam's Waltz - Earth Birth - randy Weston - Gitanes / Verve
- 314 537 088-2

(Benny Golson) Blues It - Benny Golson's New York Scene - Contemporary -
OJCCD-164-2

(Coleman Hawkins) Rainbow Mist - Rainbow Mist - Coleman Hawkins - Demark -
DD-459

(Ellington, Webster, Keller) Jump for Joy / (Ellington) Rocks in My Bed /
(Ellington, Kuller) Bli-Blip / (Billy Strayhorn) Chelsea Bridge - Duke
Ellington: the Blanton-Webster Band - Bluebird - 5659-2-RB

(Cole Porter) Everything I Love - Moore Makes 4 - Ray Brown with Ralph
Moore - Concord Jazz - CCD-4477