[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Tuesday September 19, 2006

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 19 21:43:49 EDT 2006

Howdy y'all, here's my playlist from tonight, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 19, 2006

(Dizzy Gillespie) A Night in Tunisia - Diz 'n' Bird at Carnegie Hall -
Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 57061 2 7

(Dizzy Gillespie) Woody 'n' You - The Sweetest Sounds - Donald Brown -
Evidence - ECD 22203-2

(Dizzy Gillespie) Con Alma - Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band -
Manchester Craftsmen's Guild - MCGJ 1023

(Wilbur Harden) Playful Flute - The Sounds of Yusef - Yusef Lateef -
Prestige - OJCCD-917-2

(Oscar Peterson) A Little Jazz Exercise - The Will to Swing - Oscar
Peterson - Verve - 847 293-2

(Public Domain) Words Can't Describe - Swingin' Easy - Sarah Vaughan -
EmArcy - 314 514 072-2

(Phil Woods) Last Fling - Sugan - Phil Woods and Red Garland - Prestige /
New Jazz - OJCCD-1841-2

(Roy Haynes) Hippidy Hop (drum Solo) - Whereas - Roy Haynes and the
Fountain of Youth Band - Dreyfus Jazz records - 36694

(Gershwin, Heyward) My Man's Gone Now - Nina Simone Sings the Blues -
RCA/Legacy - 82876 73334 2

8:01 NPR News

(Bobby Timmons) Soul Time - The Best of Bobby Timmons - Riverside -
RCD-5719-2

(Horace Silver) Strollin' - The Brass Is Back - Rob McConnell - Concord -
CCD-4458

(Charlie Hunter)  Two for Bleu - Charlie Hunter - Blue Note Records - 7243
5 25450 2 5

(Michel Pettruciani) Even Mice Dance - Contradictions - Christian Jacob -
Wilderjazz - 0601

(John Mackay) See-3 - Organ Optics - John Mackay - Chicken Coop records -
CCP-7004

(Brian Lynch) The Palmieri Effect - Simpatico - Brain Lynch and Eddie
Palmieri - Artist Share - AS 0057

(Weill, Brecht) Moritat - Saxophone Collossus - Sonny Rollins - Prestige -
OJCCD-291-2

9:01 NPR News

(Bud Green, Herman Ruby, Sam Stept) I Will Always Be in Love with You /
(McHugh, Gaskill) I Can't Believe That You're in Love with Me - Give Me
Your Telephone Number - Boilermaker Jazz Band - BMJB 07 CD

(Shavers, Kirby) Milumbu / (Charlie Shavers) Blues Petite - The John Kirby
Sextet: the Biggest Little Band in the Land / Complete Columbie & RCA
Victor Recordings - Definitive records - DRCD 11168

(Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton) Flying Home - Hamp: the Legendary
recordings of Lionel Hampton - Decca - GRD-2-652

(Kay Swift, Paul James) Can't We Be Friends - Ella & Louis - Ella
Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Verve - 825 373-2

(Freddie Hubbard) Little Sunflower - One Flight down - Cedar Walton - High
Note - HCD 7157 (put in stacks for 9-26)

(Dorival Caymmi) A Vizinha do Lado (The next Door Neighbor) - Around the
City - Eliane Elias - Blue Note - 82876 80228-2

(Branford Marsalis) Fate - Braggtown - Branford Marsalis - Marsalis
Music/Rounder - 87494600-042-0

(Ben Webster) Did You Call Her Today - Ben and Sweets - Ben Webster and
Sweets Edison - Columbia - CK 40853